or Connect

Posts by mwcarper13

I just recently tried a DIY with the Vibram "Dress" half-soles. I would not recommend it. The sole of your boot is slightly curved, which makes getting the entire half-sole to stick while the glue is still wet very difficult. I tried with rubber cement twice, according to the video tutorial on HalfSoles.com, and it kept peeling at the ends. I took it to a shoe repair place instead and just got it back today. They did a far better job than I possibly could have. It looks...
Has anyone used the Meltonian Shoe Creme with Brown 1Ks? Which shade matches the original Brown the most? Possibilities: Brown Dark Brown Bordeaux??? Cordovan???
I bought some new Browns and immediately applied some Obenauf oil. After letting them sit for an hour and buffing, these marks appeared: Is this normal? Nothing to worry about? Or did I use too much oil? In the first one, I had a shoe tree in the boot, and I think that spot was where the corner of the shoe tree was.
How well do 1Ks play with orthotic insoles? I need to wear one, or at least some kind of soft insole from a running shoe. (Unless their default insole is soft enough? What IS the insole like?) Do I need to size the boots any differently, or just order the same size I wear Clarks/AEs in? (10).
How well do Red Wings play with orthotic insoles? I need to wear one, or at least some kind of soft insole from a running shoe or the like. I tried the Chukka in my true size, 10, and it fit well, but there wasn't any room for an insole. Should I bother trying for the 10.5? Or would I have better luck with the normal boots, which fit larger. For instance, the Blacksmith in a 9.5? Do the boots have more volume than the chukkas?
I got these shoes on eBay and have been in denial about the fact that they don't fit me. They're in good condition: they have minimal creases and some minor cuffing on the front of one of the toes. The heel is good. They read "Royal Tweed, by Cheaney of England. A division of Church's English Shoes, premium grade." I'll ship intl for extra. EDIT: They're on eBay now. Starting at $39.99. 3 days left. Happy bidding.
Are new members able to start new threads? I tried to, was given a message about moderator approval, but the thread was never posted. This was 2 weeks ago or so.
Also near Indianapolis. Only place I know of is the HM in Circle Centre.
I've been jogging a couple of miles every morning for about 9 months now. For most of the time, I made the mistake of listening to music, so i didn't push myself very much. For the past two months, I've been running a lot harder. My legs are sore and have more muscle. I usually never go faster than an 8 minute mile pace but I'm running almost every day. So, will I eventually not be sore? Or should I take half a week breaks?
Salmon colored BB polo, $3.