or Connect

Posts by mwcarper13

These are brown chromexcel with Lectae Hevea crepe soles, as detailed here. I love the look of these shoes and the soles are amazing. Unfortunately they're a bit too small on me. I normally wear 10, and ordered a 9.5, since their loafers run a bit big and are supposed stretch out with wear. After wearing them outside for one day and around the house, they had stretched, but were still too tight around the ball of my foot. Retails for $305. Asking $200. (Rancourt charges...
Purchased them from a seller on Amazon. I've used mostly Obernauf's leather oil and LP. The darkening started happening within a month.
Purchased them from a seller on Amazon. I've used mostly Obernauf's leather oil and LP. The darkening started happening within a month.
What's going on with the coloring of mine? I've had them about 5 months and only one shoe looks like this. It looks like it's blackened: is this due to the dye coming off? The leather?
I just recently tried a DIY with the Vibram "Dress" half-soles. I would not recommend it. The sole of your boot is slightly curved, which makes getting the entire half-sole to stick while the glue is still wet very difficult. I tried with rubber cement twice, according to the video tutorial on HalfSoles.com, and it kept peeling at the ends. I took it to a shoe repair place instead and just got it back today. They did a far better job than I possibly could have. It looks...
Has anyone used the Meltonian Shoe Creme with Brown 1Ks? Which shade matches the original Brown the most? Possibilities: Brown Dark Brown Bordeaux??? Cordovan???
I bought some new Browns and immediately applied some Obenauf oil. After letting them sit for an hour and buffing, these marks appeared: Is this normal? Nothing to worry about? Or did I use too much oil? In the first one, I had a shoe tree in the boot, and I think that spot was where the corner of the shoe tree was.
How well do 1Ks play with orthotic insoles? I need to wear one, or at least some kind of soft insole from a running shoe. (Unless their default insole is soft enough? What IS the insole like?) Do I need to size the boots any differently, or just order the same size I wear Clarks/AEs in? (10).
How well do Red Wings play with orthotic insoles? I need to wear one, or at least some kind of soft insole from a running shoe or the like. I tried the Chukka in my true size, 10, and it fit well, but there wasn't any room for an insole. Should I bother trying for the 10.5? Or would I have better luck with the normal boots, which fit larger. For instance, the Blacksmith in a 9.5? Do the boots have more volume than the chukkas?
I got these shoes on eBay and have been in denial about the fact that they don't fit me. They're in good condition: they have minimal creases and some minor cuffing on the front of one of the toes. The heel is good. They read "Royal Tweed, by Cheaney of England. A division of Church's English Shoes, premium grade." I'll ship intl for extra. EDIT: They're on eBay now. Starting at $39.99. 3 days left. Happy bidding.