or Connect

Posts by TheChefs

Snowy horse by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr Grain of rice by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr Icicles by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr
Some BW 35mm film.... Restaurant by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr Restaurant by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr Restaurant by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr
Just looking at the photo, this is at minimum 3 stops underexposed. Even 4. Unless you wanted the guy on the surfboard to be black.It's all in reading light and knowing how to use the meter. Possibly your shutter speeds are off and your meter readings are wrong too.Well, there's a vid on youtube which shows how to use your meter and it seems overly complex.Another thing to remember when you are shooting negative film, it's nearly impossible to overexpose it. About 5 stops...
I like this photo, but I think it would have worked better if you cropped the bottom of the image right under the foot of the girl. There's just too much unnecessary space there.
How do you use the 398. If you exposure is wrong it must be really off. You can even practice with dslr. If your exposures are off you must be using it wrong way. They are simple devices and they are easy to use.
Do you shoot slide film? If you don't, you don't need a spotmeter. I shoot a bit of slide film, so I use it. 99% of the time the reading is the same as incident metering.Don't ever use DSLR to meter for film, especially negative film. The meter underexpose on purpose to preserve highlights and you will get dark photos. You want the opposite with negative film.All you need to do is learn how to use your 398. It's about reading light, knowing how to position the meter etc......
There are lots of options, most MF cameras have square crop. You can start with something cheap and terrible Holga, it will set you back $25 or so. But it can take some nice and moody photos. The whole lomography movement is based around them.If you want something between lomo and decent camera, with a crappy lens and blurry photos, you can pick up lubitel 166 cheaply.If you want something that will make good photos, you could go for a Yashica 124G. They are good, reliable...
Thanks, I'm trying my best.It's a great place, I wish I had more time there to explore it. I think few years should be enough
Few photos from my trip to Japan. Taken with Hasselblad and trusty old school film: Fushimi Inari by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr Gion by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr Kiyomizudera by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr Rock garden by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr
I went to harvest rice in Japan and I took few snaps along the way. working hard by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr Work is done by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr Rice by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr And not Japan related: Paczki by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr