or Connect

Posts by Chr0n

I ordered a standard five button vest. However when I received the test suit, it was too long. So I told them shorten it by 10 cm (it now just covers the waist on the front and back). I also read in Allan Flussers book that the vest should show 1 button above the suit. So I thought it was also too high and told them to lenghten the V by 5 cm. They then told me that they couldnnt fit 5 buttons on it anymore and would make it with 3. (this should have ringed a bell). So...
double post can't remove myself?
It's just the photos, it's right on all the points you mentioned, except the too short jacket which i intended like this since I am fairly small, when put on properly without haste to run in front of a camera lens that's about to go off :embarmy question mainly concerns the waistcoat.
Hello everyone, I have recently got myself a new three-pieve suit form delavegatailors. They send you a test suit first to confirm your measurements. So, when wearing the test-suit i felt that the waistcoat was too low (on the waist) and also that the V on top is too high. However, now that I have received the final suit, I am not so sure anymore. I rather think it's come out too low. What do you think about it? Am I just getting paranoid? Should I let it as it is or...
Has someone tried both Indochino and De La Vega Tailors and can compare them? Especially is the premium (350 or less with a coupon vs 540 for a three piece suit) worth choosing De La Vega over Indochino? TIA
I know, sorry about the quality, maybe I can try to do better photos outside.As far as I can tell the center of the back does have a seam, as well as both sides.So this should make it possible to remove fabric there?Regarding hauling it over, I am living in Austria and didn't have very good experience with the tailors in my town, yet.Therefore I decided to bring it along since I go to the UK anyway.EDIT: I hope these help. [[SPOILER]]
Great thread!I recently got a Burberry Brit coat in sale.I know it doesn't fit properly and want to get it altered when I go to the UK the next time.Before I take it with me and waste space in my bag though, I wanted to ask your opinion on it.Alterations I thought of are slimming the coat (ie removing excess fabric from the middle of the back) and shortening the sleeves.Can this be done and what range could I expect to be charged.Also are there any other alterations you...
Thank you, you have been much help. I also recently got a burbbery brit coat (http://www.equipmentmachine.com/k/?view=item&id=290623824101&name=Burberry+Brit+Men+s+Coat+Navy+Reed+) that I would need to be slimmed - i.e. it fits at the shoulders but should be a slimmer shape (taking out fabric from the back) and also have the sleeves shortened. First of all is it even possible to alter a trench and have it water resistent after? Furthermore, I am not sure if I would want...
Sirs, over the last few months I have collected quite a heap of clothes that I need to get altered. Before deciding whether it is worth it or not, I had hoped to gain some knowledge on whether it is possible to change these items and how costly it would be. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate your help on this. 1x Black Winter Coat (Cotton / Cashmere or Wool / Cashmere blend; sot sure as I have removed the label) This has become a bit wide from the previous season (as...
Might have gone a bit far with the tie, but hey I'm young I'm in my wild years ;-) Oh and sorry for the bad quality. iPhone 3g sucks. EDIT: And the tie knot isn't as big as it looks on the pic.