or Connect

Posts by bringusingoodale

I agree based on:“If one wanted to crush and destroy a man entirely, to mete out to him the most terrible punishment all one would have to do would be to make him do work that was completely and utterly devoid of usefulness and meaning.” --Dostoevsky
Just because you and many other people keep saying this doesn't make it true or rather applicable to the real issues i brought up, admiteddly half-assed.All of you are still thinking in old ways. It's so painful to read your posts that reflect outdated partisan economic liberalism. It's really laughable.Their is no fix for what is happening through this thinking.The point is we shouldn't be thinking about jobs or people workingIt wasn't too long ago that some...
This article has made me think more seriously on the topic of future society as we know it today. http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/12/11/greg_gopman_facebook_post_homeless_ruining_san_francisco_should_be_segregated.html I think we are in the incipient stages of a true class warfare and real issues of surplus of labor, where basically all the same cries of get a job you bum! will not do. Basically, I agree with the people who suggest there will never be enough...
Family planning can also be code for abortion right? then I agree. Fore every one dollar the Feds spends on abortions, its saves 4 dollars in the long run* *made that up, but I think that sounds about right.
Come on man, stop being so cynical.There are good people in shitty places, not many but there are.
I recall watching a show on pbs that showed how some nations in Africa (forgot which ones) have some seriously strict antipoaching laws and enforcement, like where the federal enforcers are heavily armed and so are the poachers. Of course it's about money, i think the guys doing the enforcing get their monies from charity funds and the poachers get good money for ivory and skins. On a related note, check this for...
"Job outlook bleak for Southland teenagers" http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-0919-census-unemployment-20130919,0,3648261.story And not a single mention about the hordes of illegal immigrants working once traditional teenage jobs. Blacks and Latinos should be mad as hell and opposed to any amnesty and bleeding heart leftists. BUT WHO WILL EDUCATE THEM?
Ugh. In the future, we will find the gene that creates these defective people and cure them before they are born.
Well, at risk of escalating this to irrelevancy, then what are we going to do as a society as automation becomes more and more mainstream and our economic model of forever growth is based on forever population growth and consumption? Population control? License to procreate? Just like to point out that I am in favor of eugenics and population control and I am not a bleeding heart liberal.
I'd promote vandalizing and defacing all automated kiosks. I don't want to see desperate people even more desperate without their crummy income from their crummy job.