or Connect

Posts by bringusingoodale

I had no idea people really used linkedin. Maybe that explains my dismal employment conditions? I had a profile but with little relevant in demand skills and buzzwords, it was pointless.
Being born rich. Does that count, si that an opiton?
Just pointing out in closest thread, Just found out Makers Mark will be watered down to meet increasing global demand. Will go down to 84 proof. I always enjoyed this bourbon. Never have turned into a (bourbon) whiskey 'snob', but this was a good bourbon for price and availability.
Tried watching Equilibrium since most everyone thought I would enjoy since I always say I enjoy Sci-Fi movies. Stopped watching 15 minutes into it.... It is crap unoriginal mish mash of Sci fi.
I was happy to see for the past several days that Mafoofan was on the top poster ticker when I came to this site. Refreshing to see that, thought it seems its back to the norm now....
So thought I would post a follow up to my inquiry about Metropolitan. It's a good movie. Sort of sputters toward the ending, but not enough to make it bad. I watched Moon. gotta say I love the premise, but just couldn't like this movie. I don't like the casting. Something about this movie feels 'cheap'--though i realize it is an indie film, but still.
Figured this was best place to ask this: what's that movie about bunch of rich, snobby young kids ( i think they are all rich) that i have seen posted on here. I remember that clip about being at some small dormroom (?) house party where you get this wonderful scene with pretentious guy questioning some other guy about "Marxist" philosophy. I think the men are wearing tuxes... Dammit i hate when this happens.
What others have said: Other than going to a shirtmaker and specifying what you want, Just buy the shirts that fit the closest to what you like and take them into a tailor and get them tapered in at the sleeves and waist. I have done this with success. I buy any shirt I like for whatever reason, whether it be for work or play, and take it in to get tailored. I have spent more money on tailoring the shirt than the shirt itself when they are thrift buys! Hope this wasn't...
So I have been thinking I need to update my wardrobe, and I have been thinking: I don't really want more suits. They strike me as stuffy, and even when taken to the full igent extreme, most everyone will assume you are going/coming from work or should be going to an interview, wedding or court. Whereas the properly done odd jacket, trousers and tie outfit strikes me as the real thing to pull off. Note: I am talking about a setting outside the traditional work setting,...
Too many tame suggestions. Get some black watch pents made and wear as tuxedo and not give a fuck.