or Connect

Posts by JGloger

Quote: Originally Posted by acecow No, don't buy any Mabitex pants!!! Every one of them will rip at the most unexpected moment! Also, if everybody stops buying them, sellers would be forced to significantly lower their prices and I'd buy them all myself. Especially, I'd recommend staying away from size 32 Mabitexes as they are notorious for ripping along every seam and unfolding neatly into separate pieces of fabric. I heard the same about the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Master Squirrel I've notice a lack of bow ties and (in the interest of "rounding out") bolo ties. But seriously, invest in a bow tie or two. +1 on having at least a couple bow ties.
Quote: Originally Posted by nelly You'll never be the only idiot in the suit because: 1) Someone else will always wear a suit 2) You can always take your jacket and tie off That being said, I think the simplest solution is to just ask the person you know that's getting married. It's not like it's an uncomfortable/awkward question. Just shoot them an e-mail. It's definitely easiest to just ask. I ran across the same issue with a wedding...
Does anybody know of any decent thrifting opportunities in San Diego County (Ideally North County). From what I've seen there isn't much to write home about; probably because nobody in Southern California likes to wear anything outside of jeans, shorts and t-shirts.
I keep a few backup ties at the office. If that wasn't an option I'd probably just tough it out (and possibly go buy a new one on my lunch break.)
Quite an amazing transformation from what I've seen. I'm aspiring to do the same with my wardrobe but it's been slow going on my limited budget. I shall get there, though...
I would be interested in seeing pics of the 36s suit and the 14.5 shirts.
Fantastic, thank you! I'll definitely have to do some browsing later.
Quote: Originally Posted by musicguy There's a whole thread devoted to this! http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=35147 There are some good recommendations in this thread. Unfortunately, "slim fit" doesn't always = smaller sizes. I have the same issue: I wear a 14.5-33 and many retailers don't care many of these, if any at all. Slim fit IS generally a requirement though, as I'm quite slender. On an off note, are there really that many...
As far as suit tips in general, use the search function and you should find plenty of great advice. If you want something versatile, go with solid navy or charcoal. I'm about 5'7'' - 5'8'' and I greatly prefer 2 button to 3 button. Much of this seems to be preference. Admittedly, JAB is not a 'high end' brand by any means, but I do have one suit from them and it's not as terrible as many people on the forums will profess. It's not great, but it's also not horrible....