or Connect

Posts by IronRock

The Kennel Club Freak Show Full article in link here: http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.sg/2013/03/the-kennel-club-freak-show.html?m=1 People go to dog shows to see pretty dogs, but let's face it they also go to dog shows to look at some very odd-looking dogs. And so it is with some amusement that I see Kennel Club apologists expressing outrage that the RSPCA's chief vet, Mark Evans, has said that when he goes to Crufts, "What I see in front of me is a parade of...
It's the 'obvious commercial' aspects that worry me the most. Although kennel Club registrations have plummeted in the US and the UK you must remember that they operate for profit and profit only. Because membership has reduced so drastically kennel clubs add more 'new' breeds to their register. This means that another breed is subjected to closed breeding a small gene pool and ultimately drastic genetic engineering in order to make commercial viable dog. There are some...
Westminster FREAK show in my opinion. Those poor dogs are so inbred I bet many of them will be dead from cancer or some other ailment before their 5th birthday.Kennel clubs - the world over - are horrifically inhumane profiteers. No other animal has been genetically bullied as much as mans best friend.Rant over.Out.
By breaking stick do you mean a short thick peice that you insert in the back of the mouth and twist to lever the jaw open? Or is it something else?
I think it's actually easier to separate big breeds than it is the small ones. When our old terrier bitch got latched on to something it was a nightmare trying to get a release... Anyway, to avoid getting bitten again keep your hands AWAY from the collar/head area. It's a natural instinct to want to get the danger end of the dog away from what ever its got hold of but by grabbing the collar you are inviting a bite as the dog tries to protect its vulnerable neck...
I would be very surprised if any pet dog ever has died from starvation when food is readily available - That is not to say that there might not be something wrong with your girl. If she has refused food for more than 3 or 4 days take her down the vet, explain the problem and get her thoroughly checked out. Otherwise I'm in the same camp as Lefty. Giver her her food for a set amount of time every day, say half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening. If she...
What do the rest of the world think about GBs attempt to host the "Greatest show on Earth?" Chinese Press - 'the mayor is like Mr Bean. . . up to all kinds of silliness’ The New York Daily (talking about the UK being gambling mad) - “It’s 8/1 that the wrong national anthem will get played at any medal ceremony. It is 1,000/1 that President Obama or Prime Minister David Cameron will admit that their air forces have seen a UFO over the Olympic Stadium… We are not making...
CI - I've been reading with interest a lot of posts, on different forums, the methods people use to train their gundogs, Aversive/Balanced/Purely Positive etc. One thing that keeps coming up is that there is a huge difference between how people do things in the US compared with the UK and Europe. Asking which method works best is tantamount to opening a can of worms - not my intention; but I am interested in the processes that people go through when training their dogs. I...
Having ups and downs. Trying to look on the bright side. Gonna miss the boys but considering the market and the work I was doing it was actually pretty shit.Now reassessing everything. Hoping for enlightenment.
Shit shipping market.. Junior guy on the desk, none if us making any money. C'est la Guerre. Onwards and upwards.I pretty much hated it anyway. Apart from the guys I worked with. They are dudes.