or Connect

Posts by hoit1981

Haven't worn them much this summer at all really as it's been too hot and muggy. I've probably worn these 10-15 times total. I anticipate they will get lots of use in the autumn.
Thanks!Nothing special. No products - just brushing and buffing so far.
They are cracking boots. Really interested to see how your monks turn out btw!
Just a couple of pics to whet your appetites Gratuitous ankle shot: [[SPOILER]]
Seems the Skye 3 was produced for the French...http://www.upper-shoes.com/lang-en/chaussures-luxe-hommes-crockett-and-jones/5778-skye-3.html
^^ I'd heard rumors about the burgundy Cheviot. Can't wait to see it!
Assuming you haven't worn them outside you should be able to take them to a cobbler to get a topy applied. Shouldn't be expensive and will definitely help protect against wet weather.
Personally, I do like the Amoks. They are good for those days when you just need unlined suede. The insole is a bit crappy - it kind of "bunched up" and got sloppy after a couple of wears, not sure why but I think it was due to sweaty feet. The insole of the Mojave is a lot better - it's leather and feels much sturdier. I'm guessing the Amok is poron? For $67 you really can't go wrong if you're after an unlined GW chukka IMO.
I could take some later. Is there anything you're particularly interested in seeing?
^ I've received pants and shorts this way from RL. Doesn't bother me too much as I like to wash things before I wear them.