or Connect

Posts by hoit1981

Yeah I think I'm going to have to send them back. Shame coz they're pretty damn nice otherwise :-(
So the shoes I ordered from the Shoebank finally got to me in NYC - took 11 days total. These are the Brooks Brothers MacNeil in chocolate suede. Brown edging and black (proper) Dainite soles. Really nice shoes, just not sure I can live with the wonky broguing near the wingtip at the front of the right shoe. Shame as I used the Amex offer and got them for ~$170. What do you guys think - would the wonkiness become less apparent over time, or more?
How long does it normally take people to receive 2nds shipped from Port Wash? I placed an order on the 13th and got confirmation they shipped on the 14th (with no tracking number). Enquired about the tracking on the 15th and was told something screwy about transitioning from one system to another, and I'm still waiting. No one seems to be able to tell me if they shipped, if there's a tracking #, and generally it seems like a complete clusterf***. Is it normally this way?
^ This was answered on the C&J thread. C&J made the boots for the film, AS made the boots for the Mr. Porter collection.
Question regarding the Amex offer... It says $50 off a purchase of $200 or more. Interested in something at $199.99 + NY tax. Will the tax take me over the $200 and into the discount, or does the tax not factor in? Any ideas?
Does anyone have the AE for Brooks Brothers MacNeil in chocolate suede? I would be very interested to see some photos of them in action.
[[SPOILER]] In April I had C&J NYC change my dark brown cordovan Harlech's from double leather to Ridgeway soles. Cost was $210 total, which included mailing both ways. It took about 6 weeks and was very easy. If I remember correctly there was no tax, and because the boots are going back to the UK for repairs there are no import/export duties and fees.
I believe it's brandy.
I must say I'm really looking forward to receiving the EB #4 cordovan captoe boot (model 3824) in a few months. I was wondering though, are there any existing examples of an EB boot/shoe in #4 cordovan?
I use saphir neutral.