or Connect

Posts by LSeca

tiger02, Good post, well thought out and written. I do agree with your idea...the traditional "battlefield" is def not what it used to be. I don't know if teh Iraq army was trained to abandon ranks and fight guerilla warfare or not, but they knew they were beat on the battelfield regardless.
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter sorry - is it your position that 100K troops, and all their equipment moved from bases around the world to kuwait in 3 weeks? is that what you are saying? and this is a serious question, not meant to be offensive - have you ever actually touched a military ship? seen a tank? or even dealt with moving stuff from one place to another? I am just curious, I don't mean to be offensive, but I just get the feelign...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter 3. the last wars the US fought, we had the luxury of building up slowly, with no real worries. any idiot, who thought that the US would be coming for them soon er or later, would eventually exploit this. There was no "building up slowly" in the last war. In Iraq, the US conducting bombing and surgical strikes for months. Then, the Army/Marines deployed 100k ground troops in Kuwait in a matter...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter from what I have read, Iran has built its strategy around causing damage to the US during the logistical stage - a navy that could sink ships. You have mentioned you have read this a few times. Mind if I ask the source? I wonder if the same author would think Iran's Air Force, which is far more advanced than there other three branches, would say they could cause damage to the US Air Force. Do...
Quote: Originally Posted by tiger02 He means that "common sense" is a poor way to plan for war. And I'm using soft words here. Understand, I was just calling him out for making silly and juvenille responses. He asked what I based my ideas on, then he response with his own bs. Good example of the land vehicles by the way. Still, engaging a small antiquated Navy is much different than dealing with pockets of land-based guerillas in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Faded501s We'd take all of their ships out from a distance over lunch without loss of life or equipment. Exactly.
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter common sense said that the uprisings in iraq would have ended 3 years ago. Using your own words of wisdom, I ask, are you basing that off wwii movies? Seriously, you asked me what I based my statement on originally, and I answered. You then replied with the above statement, changing the subject all together. Can you hold an intelligent conversation about any of this? How can you speculate about...
Very nice looking Gran Tourer. I could do without the carbon fiber inserts, but I am sure MB has different interior trims availlable for the buyers.
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter any reason why you believe so? I mean, are you basing this on anything aside from wwii war movies? I base it off common sense. We have the world's strongest Air Force, we softened all the targets in Iraq before the invasion started, nothing would change for Iran and their very small navy. Saddam's Army was an absolute joke as US obliterated it for weeks before a land vehicle hit the ground. If we...
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNWorn what's to keep them from declaring an all-out jihad on all Western targets? Many of them allready have, or will anyway. I think drizzt3117 has a valid point of view.