or Connect

Posts by seok

Exactly my sentiments, Manton. I'll combine the recommendation to rubber sole the middle of the sole and add a toe cap. I'll try it with my lesser pair of leather soled shoes (Polo shoes off bluefly.com) and see how it goes...
As a New England resident without a car, I've been finding the leather soled shoes a bit fragile. I started wearing my first few pairs of leather soled shoes - I love the fit, absorption, and weight, but it kills me to walk through pavement and wet weather. Coming home to find them beaten up, a real disappointment. One day, when I'm chauffered around and never have to touch much pavement, I can see the point of leather soled shoes. But as a student in Connecticut and an...
bluefly.com Canalis supplied by Riflessi NYC? I was having a conversation today with Aedo, the owner, and I mentioned some Canali and Cerruti Shapes suits I saw on bluefly.com which I found in his store as well. He claims that Riflessi supplies bluefly.com with some suits. Not sure how reliable the information is, but seeing that the same suits were being sold at higher prices on bluefly.com, sounds plausible. ...removes my need to ever buy a suit off the website...
*Bells* Perfect sizing for me (it's been tough to find a discount C&J in my size since the Barney's Sale a year back)...just PMed you. What did we members do to deserve your generosity?
Has anybody had experience with blondys_bay_auctions? I bought a bunch of stuff and was looking through his profile but seems like he's gotten a few negative comments...
My personal opinion: I think short-term, the US$ has depreciated enough that further significant downward pressure is eased off a bit. Mid- to long-term, however, the triple debt--consumer debt, budget deficit, trade deficit--will cause lenders (buyers of US Treasuries) to analyse the credit risk of the US. Surely, the government can print more US$ to pay off the debt, but that will add to inflationary pressure, making the bonds less valuable. Certainly, prices of...
Thanks a lot for all your information. Lydia, I do speak Chinese, but not well enough to haggle down and communicate buttonhole-canvassing details to a tailor. I'll have fun shopping and looking around but I'll probably stick to the sources in the US...
My friends and I are headed to Beijing for spring break and one of my roommates wants to get a bespoke for under $100. I think he'll be sacrificing too much quality by going so low, but... 1. ...anyone on the forum w/experience on any Beijing tailor? Obviously HK is the place to be but we won't be stopping there. 2. Any other price differentials, when it comes to menswear, that I could take advantage of while in China? Have been watching the forum and it's been very...
--Hi members, I've been a forum watcher for a while, decided to join the fun. This is my first post.-- >>Avoid member145782. Won my bids for a Canali dress shirt and a Hugo Boss suit from "member145782." Had been out of town for a while and could not take care of business, so called the number that was listed along with the address to send a check to... I called the number, and a lady picked up. She told me that numerous people have called the number, asking for their...
I love the tie on the top. Just msg'ed you regarding availability.