or Connect

Posts by coonky

I haven't bought anything made of leather or silk since becoming vegan, but yes I do wear leather shoes that I bought years ago. I'm still clueless as to where to get a pair of good vegan boots. If you have any suggestions, I welcome them.
Succesful troll is succesful.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma sugar ain't vegan? Next you'll tell me they can't drink beer... Organic sugar, agave juice are vegan substitutes for sugar. Some wines are filtered over fish guts, so those wines are not vegan. How far "vegans" take it varies a lot. Personally, I drink wine and I drink beer. I'm trying to cut out sugar but it's hard. What better way to procrastinate on work than to post on here. I hope I become...
Quote: Originally Posted by SField One thing I must say against vegans is that almost every single one that I've met is utterly clueless about food. All they can tell you are the reasons why meat is bad. If you look at the food they eat, it demonstrates a clear lack of knowledge and appreciation for food. I too, would rather die before being a vegan, but at least I could make it tolerable. Yep, it's true, but hey it's their choice. And I'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nosu3 Another false assumption Trufax.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma Because to have a proper tube feeding chain you need to immobilize the chickens, the whole point if free range is to raise them in an environment that is somewhat "natural" to chicken and de-industrialize the process. Stop trusting your intuition it simply is not an adequate substitute for (in)direct observation. As to your other point I simply don't care much about animal rights, haven't thought much about it and have...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma You do understand that chicken do stick to one another anyway? Have you ever seen a live chicken? Free range chicken AFAIK means that they aren't immobilized with tubes in their beaks and other really hardcore industrial techniques... My intuition tells me that "free-range" simply means they don't live in individual cages, which is consistent with what I've read. I may be wrong. I don't understand how...
Quote: Originally Posted by KitAkira God commanded us to eat meat and not to eat (certain) insects or shrimp (actually... shrimp should be killed and left to rot as far as He is concerned). It's debatable whether He wants us to eat whales and dolphins or just kill them. Suddenly religion becomes so convenient! As someone with an Orthodox Jewish sister, and through her learning a lot about Judaism and the Bible, nevermind being raised Jewish,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nosu3 Could you provide info where it states that not eating meat or animal products will increase someone's estrogen levels? A vegetarian/vegan has to find a protein source other than meat (or milk or eggs for vegans). Soybeans are one such common alternate source. Soybeans contain a lot of plant steroids, which some have suggested to cause an increase in human's estrogen production. However, from what little I...
Disclaimer: In my posts, I only express my opinions, and in now way attempt to berate those who think otherwise. Quote: Originally Posted by philosophe I am a former vegetarian and a happy carnivore now. I do not think that it is wrong to eat animals, and I buy free-range meat whenever possible. I believe strongly in humane meat production... You are inconsistent. A free-range chicken has less space to move around than a caged one. ...