or Connect

Posts by s_allen_p

I purchased this just under a year ago at the Mister Freedom store in Los Angeles. I was looking for a 36, but they were out (forever), so I bought a 38 instead. Unfortunatel, I've finally come to terms that it's too big for me. In trying to make it work, I added two buttons to the top. When ordering one of the buttons from the Mister Freedom store, they said others have done the same. The additional buttons are much needed BTW. I wanted one at the very top for the neck...
or a high school shop class.
I picked a jacket off the racks a few months ago recognizing the buttons as Oxxford's. The only tag said "Ventura" (another had been removed). Everything about the jacket details said Oxxford, so I bought it and Googled it when I got home. That of course led me to Tom James "Ventura" line, and the debate about whether or not it (and other lines) are made by Oxxford. Having compared my Ventura side by side to an Oxxford, I can't believe it's made by anyone else.
A few more I've been able to pull out and photograph in more detail, including the coat that I posted a couple of under the collar pics of a few posts back.Very heavy coat. Can't find anything on the designer, and no tags besides the one pictured: [[SPOILER]] d'Avenza silk jacket. 70's? [[SPOILER]] A giant Hickey Freeman. It was hard to capture the design of it on my small mannequin. [[SPOILER]]
I guess it would be a shame to alter the pants. I won't mention what I was looking into doing if slimming them down wasn't going to work. Unfortunately, the suit, as is, is unwearable; but I did buy them without even considering they might fit me. Speaking of well made, I turned the collar up on an old coat I came across a couple of days ago to see this: It was a beautiful coat, but there were stains that looked like blood on the back, and I didn't have the space to...
You are perceptive. Yes, too small for the mannequin, which is good for me as the Burlee fits me great. Hoping a tailor can slim the pants to a more modern fit. The HSM is just a tad bigger, which makes me think maybe the Burlee is the older of the two if the original owner gained weight as he over the years. Or maybe just different sizings. I Didn't even think to peel back the tiny bit of fabric at the edge to see what else there was. It says copyright 1939. So '39 or...
A few vintage pickups that I thought were unique and interesting:1962 Schmidt & Gallupo Beverly HillsThe fabric on this one isn't like anything I've come across before. Very scratchy. Also, the original owner isn't who you think it is. He took the stage name a few years after this was made: [[SPOILER]] A couple of 3-piece suits that I'm guessing are late 30s based on the the union tag in one of them (no union tag in the charcoal suit). I'm really in love with these. In the...
Just AEs and an idea I had that I wanted to try out. I was happy with the result. Interesting at least. The shoes in question:
Has anyone heard of "Union Supply by General Store"?