or Connect

Posts by NickPollica

Its not completely straight but it is a relaxed leg. Definitely not what I would describe as a slim chino.The fit should be the same.I appreciate the feedback and the point of view and I'm looking forward to seeing the vented sample. That said, the Augusto jacket was created to fill a very different niche than the one described above. The Tenero does the job of casual business needs and is already offered in many casual fabrics. We created the Augusto to be the purest...
Mr Porter has broken price for good at a rate of 40-50% off. There is some great stuff still there but it is moving quick. I myself bought the stone nonno chino since this is its last season in the collection and we never sampled it in the fabric they ordered. The other big stars, to me, are the two ls tee shirt options, which have a lot more detailing in the make than traditional tees. The natural indigo breton stripe is (along with the matera and navy cable knit) my...
I wish I had designed this coat. It is so, so good.
Sadly, the degree to which our fits vary from season to season has little to do with me. I would like nothing more than to have one consistent fit from season to season (for 90% of the collection). Isaia runs our production and makes decisions on who we produce with. Some of these suppliers have been better than others (our sweaters are very consistent, our pants not at all up to now). I've said this before and I'll repeat it again. Italy, as a country, is not good at...
Its flannel.
year round. The fabric is really, really good. It also seems to be one of the few pants that was made to spec this season so the fit should be great. I highly recommend them.
Sorry to say that neither will be happening again for a variety of different reasons but mainly because neither the lupo collar or the marcus collar have ever performed in the sport shirt category. We get consistent negative feedback from the majority of our stores that guys won't buy these shirts because the collars are seen as too spread.That said, the below card has cutting of about a 3rd of our sport shirt samples for next fall. If you are looking for chambray,...
It's less of a concious "we disagree with you" thing and more of a "we have more important things to worry about than make sure this gets changed" attitude. Unfortunately, this attitude is more common in Naples than I'd like.
It was designed to not look like a logo - the thought was to make something remsembling a vintage turquiose rosette that you would wear in lieu of a flower if you liked that sort of thing. That said, the best part of it as a branding tool is that it can be removed without a seam ripper. I don't wear it anymore and actually thought about killing it all together but too many people tell me they really like it so I figured ai would leave it.What drives me crazy is Isaia's...
Sport pants and sport shirts have been the two most frustrating categories for me to develop a consistent fit. This comes largely from the fact that I am interested in offering a style of product that does not seem to be what factories in Italy excel at making. I tend to favor garments with vintage detailing which is not conducive to a mechanized production line and often requires uncommon machinery for Italian factories. Washing and dying has also been difficult (as...