or Connect

Posts by NickPollica

Head to ankles current season Eidos. Jacket is a wool and silk window that we had woven just for us.
Pants were my grandfather's (who happened to be a few inches shorter than me) from the 20s. They have an incredibly high rise and full leg - definitely not contemporary but hardly fashion forward. If anything fashion backward. There's belt loops there as well, they're just wide set and hidden under the jacket. As for the casual thread versus this one - just trying to liven things up a bit and show tailoring from a different perspective.
I personally make a selection of suiting and jacketing fabrics every season which are available for MTM. For an additional 20% of our retail cost, you can choose modeling, fabric, trim, lining, etc. We can then alter the point to point, back length, sleeve length and half waist for the jacket. On the trousers we can alter the waist and bottom opening.
Pushing summer a bit. Jacket and lupo polo are current Eidos spring. Pants were my grandfather's (and close to turning 100). Hooves are belgian as per usual.
The 70s Bruce Springsteen look continues. Suede fishing vest and inside out shawl sweatshirt are Eidos prototypes I am wear testing. Denim and polo are current season product.
Absolutely they do. There's a great assortment in 36r and 36s.I love how andy and doug bought the collection - they are probably my favorite specialty store. The width of the sleevehead on the tenero made up slim this season which is making a lot of guys feel like they need to ssize up. I increased the width for fall and i think you'll find it a lot more comfortable. I also tightened the buttonstance as it felt high to me as well! They should be able to adjust that in...
Rainy day - blue kit. All Eidos. Also nice little bit about what were up to over on Lincoln Center's blog, The Coda today. Sorry for the shameless plug, the blue steel shot and the sh***y pics today.
I basically live in our long sleeve polos. Haberdash bought the most aggressive cut we offer and were the only store in the world to do so. In retrospect we probably should have pushed them towards our middle fit which seems to work well for most guys. Let me know when you are in the city - I'd be happy to take you through the collection at Bloomingdales!
To me its all about context. Socks are more of a necessity in a more classically professional environment (like a law/medical/financial setting) than they are for a clothing designer who could very easily wear a tee shirt and jeans to the office every day. I wear tailoring because I love it. That said, there is always going to be a much more casual approach to how I dress every day, even when wearing a suit and tie.
Socks are a winter thing for me unless I'm wearing lace ups, which I rarely do once the weather warms. I favor loafers with a lower vamp and I don't think low vamp shoes look good with socks. Feel free to disagree.