or Connect

Posts by NickPollica

CSC will carry Eidos for the coming spring and stop there as they are changing the focus of the store. When they launched the owners interests were much more grounded in tailoring. This aesthetic is being transitioned out in favor of more designer brands like linke Tim Coppens, Missoni, Marni, etc. The good news here is that Gentry in Brooklyn is buying the collection really, really well starting with this coning spring. As for running out of brick and mortar spaces...
Sales are a disaster for us. The direct effect on the store effects us just as much the next season when they are placing their buy.
Pretty much every other store. Bloomingdales will have the balthazar exclusively.The balthazar isn't what youve described. Its the same block as the tipo but a cm shorter (making it 75cm on an eu50) with a slightly slimmer, bellied lapel. lapel.
No need to apologize - it was at my insistence! Bloomingdales has been the single biggest supporter of our entire vision. The reality is that in current retail landscape, a longer, 3/2 roll jacket like the tipo requires some explanation, both to the consumer and the department store associate helping them. Unfortunately, Quinton and I just dont have the time or resources to communicate this message effectively. We sold the balthazar insanely well the first season with...
Its complicated but we had substantially higher full price sell throughs with the shorter model at bloomingdales. Its what their salesmen feel most comfortable selling. Its also why we offer different models to different retailers and why I am so happy that we have someone like Greg that buys our product like I want it to be worn.
Guys - this is the kind of stuff store associates can help you with. I'm happy to provide insight into why we do things/what is coming down the pipeline here but unfortunately I just don't have the time to provide measurements for individual garments. Sorry!
Guys - if possible get offline and go to bloomingdales to feel and try on in person. The fabrics are incredible and you won't be able to grasp this from an iPhone shot.Just to note, the Tipo is about 2 cm LONGER than any other RTW jacket we compete with. Most stores have asked me to shorten the jacket, not lengthen it. Starting with next spring, we will be doing just that (Bloomingdales will return to only offer the balthazar model we sold the first season which is...
Greg and I both had some things we wanted to adjust after wearing the Lorenzo a bit so we put our heads together and designed what I believe is the most quintessentially "Eidos" jacket silhouette. We started with the Lorenzo but gave it a long neapolitan front dart instead of the Liverano dart, lowered the button point, made it longer and closed the quarters. Same beautifully full, arced lapel and shoulder. I think this should be more flattering to a much wider array of...
Sorry - just a reminder that Eidos is team of two people globally. I do my best to answer as many questions as I can but there's just no way I can get to everything.That said - I'm roughly an EU 48L and 6'3" and change and I'm wearing the medium today. I could easily wear the small but I prefer my own sweaters roomier through the chest. The sweater is not overly long but I wouldn't worry about length so much because, as I said I am taller than you and can easily wear a...
Yep - That's our one piece collar polo. There is no seam between the pocket and placket - that's the point!