or Connect

Posts by NickPollica

the fabric above versus the one you purchased are very different. The one above is an 800g alpaca and wool blend that is fully lined in shirting weight flannel. I felt that, in general, all our coats needed to be heavier and warmer than last season so I did this to most of them. That said, increased weight for both outer fabrics and lining raises the price. You get what you pay for.Regarding sleeve length, Our ulster coat has turnback cuffs (like you would find if you...
Aesthetics aside - handwork. There is substantially more handwork in an Isaia garment than an Eidos one.I'd say its mid weight (I can't remember the grams offhand but I would guess around 325 - 350).
All our 3 button jackets are 3/2 roll. I spoke withBloomingdales regarding the product shots last season but looks like the message was lost in translation. The biggest challenge with their selling online is that they shoot our samples ahead of time, which are NEVER sampled in the models they order, as opposed to waiting until they receive their own order. Its important to know this going in. For spring they ONLY have the tipo. This will change back to the balthazar...
Seems crazy to me that they won't.
All bloomingdales pants have belt loops. They are all also unfinished.
This suit was what I was calling "winter solaro.". Its a brown herringbone with a bit of red yarn in the weft (though not a true solaro in that its double faced). The idea here was basically to have a casual suit that could be easily broken up. The jacket is great with jeans, the trousers beautiful back to knitwear. As a suit it is defintely on the more casual side of things.
This is more about the fact that all the models were slightly too slim for the trousers and I didn't want to alter the waist on the pants before our campaign shoot next week. When they put their hands in their pockets they keptpulling the trousers down, making the waistband visible.Re: Eidos in Europe - Starting with next fall (the collection above) Eidos will be available at Trunk Clothiers in London.Re: being able to dress in all Eidos - That's kind of the point. I...
So good and so amped on this. Looks like I know what I'm going to start doing for my own personal MTM from now on.
All shoes and sneakers are indeed part of the collaboration we are launching with Christian Kimber next fall except the hikers in look 3 (Diemme) the belgian shoes in the shirt jacket and cord trouser look and the Miserocchi shearling driving boots in the newsboy cap and tuscan hunting jacket look.More details on the collab soon but I'm really loving how they turned out.
Thought some of you would be interested in seeing what we showed yesterday. I'm sure you will all be happy to know that we kept formal a little more straightforward this season...