or Connect

Posts by Tampan

Very very late reply, but I posted my red ones here.I am waiting on some Sandstone ones now. My last email to bootsonline bounced, a quick thank you for explaining a delay, hopefully that is just a full mailbox!
Finally got around to following up this extremely good thread (after just 4 years). Pictures of Red01 Macquarie 10F with screwed soles attached. I didn't see any Red01 boots in this thread, but gave up waiting. They arrived with a very faintly purple hue, which was slightly worrying, but that disappeared as soon as I polished them. They take on a very warm brownish hue at night, but under a bright sun they're definitely deep red. Lots of fun and I'm very glad I bought...
In the spirit of the OP's query, I scored an "SSSS" on my tickets across the USA a couple of years ago for the act of "coming from Malaysia". I had a very densely packed bag, and several legs, so several long searches from the "SSSS". Two of the customs folks made a long, slow double-take at the ticket and at me. They wouldn't have profiled this blond-haired, blue-eyed guy as an "SSSS". My (true Malaysian) coworkers dreaded having to make company trips to the US...
Quote: Originally Posted by johnapril I bought a pair of Cordovan boots at Carmina Albaladejo this week: 550 euros. Perhaps that price is for boots, or perhaps it depends on location. Last Friday I saw cordovan shoes at Carmina in Via Gran, Madrid, for 475 euros. So nice! I got what I could almost afford instead, a beautiful pair of Carmina black double monks made of cow for 290 euros. They look the same, at least while new. Definitely...
Lordofpi, may you provide strength to those around you at this time. I imagine you were concerned that there might be a non-solemn message hidden in the wearing of a properly-configured stroller, or perhaps perceptions he'd not considered. The original post was worthwhile, and a reasonable time to ask. Sator's posts over the months have included some pretty outrageous historical stroller pants, quite enjoyable in other contexts. I would think striped pants in this...
These look pretty cool. More 80s and theatre than gothic, but could be a great look for the right band.
Yup. There's a faint logo printed on the lining, visible on the left of the picture.
Here is something in between, I think USD 300 two years ago. The waistband is constructed in Italy, trousers assembled in Singapore. I think the mismatch in the thin purple strip may come from the first step. This is similar to the patterned part of the 850 trousers above. Regardless, the trousers look symmetrical from the outside. The lighter band has a slightly rough texture, perhaps for grip. Stitches left and right of center on the gripper connect the belt...
I gather you're trying to make something of that jacket and those jeans. The advice so far is all good, and so are your adjustments. The jacket is appropriate to a more tidy look. You might try rolling up the bottoms of the jeans (inside, not outside-as-cuffs) to have less break (crumpling) at the bottom. But that might not stay in place unless the jeans are fairly stiff material. Embowafa's advice referencing 0b5cur1ty's collar is spot on. Pulling the collar up your...
I assume that 'polo' means a t-shirt with a collar and a couple of buttons. I sometimes wear polos for exercise. Made of synthetic fibres (essential in this climate), they're usually plain or stitched-together panels of different colours. They're often bold, sometimes textured, but not detailed. Primarily functional. I only use cotton polos around the house. If I wear them out to the market then I need to shower and change as soon as I get home. I do not seek to...