or Connect

Posts by Ianiceman

Interesting question.Some possible answers ...Those who wear undershirts probably aren't so bothered about cloth rolled on the thighs of virgins as it will not touch their shin beyond their lower arms. I don't want to kick off the whole undershirt / no undershirt debate again, I never wear one myself, but I'm also not THAT bothered about feeling a silken sheen against my torso. As long as its not like a gunny sack I can probably live with it!Some have hinted at a sacrifice...
SEE MY RESPONSES IN CAPS BELOWCLEARLY YOU ARE. YOU ARE ON A FORUM SOLICITING ADVICE FROM OTHER MEN, ENTITLED 'CLASSIC MENSWEAR' WHICH IS POPULATED ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY BY MEN, MOST OF WHOM ARE LOOKING TO IMPROVE THEIR APPEARANCE VIA DRESSING 'LIKE MEN', NOT LIKE MASAI TRIBESMEN OR GREEK PALACE GUARDS OR BHUDDIST PRIESTS, BUT LIKE TRADITIONAL WESTERN MEN.Anyway enough of all this. My intention was never to pile on, nor get into any negative shit with you but to offer 'take it...
There are some people in the world, a few of whom post on SF, who have long-ish hair and incorporate it into their style, but I predict that you will never be taken seriously, neither here on SF nor out there in the real world, as long as you persist with that sweeping crash helmet thing. It's time to grow up and start looking like a mature man if you want to be considered as such. I realise that sounds dreadfully old-fogeyish, but it happens to be the way of the world...
Don't tease us with headless shots Iso - enquiring minds want to know if you're still sporting that egregious pudding bowl haircut or not. If not, these pics look very creditable but any points attained with these decent looking threads will be negated if you are still the Asian Bieber.
For Grenadine fina they are the best price around. Decent selection of colours. Fast efficient service. Very nice ties. I have a wine coloured fina I no longer wear if anyone looking in is interested.
As does SF.Its more acceptable in America than in England / Europe, but you'll see well dressed people on both sides of the water who adopt this look (including style / sprezz icon Gianni Agnelli) and an equal number who dislike and ridicule the look, so good luck hoping for an SF consensus.I believe its a bit of a Trad look so those who are into that theme will like it. If you saw 'The Bishops Wife' on TV over Christmas you may have noticed Cary Grant adopting the look...
Eric you have an absolutely hideous three button sharkskin suit that looks awful on you and doesn't fit well at all, and I'm sure you haven't worn it in at least a year. I would be more than happy to take it off your hands, such is the level of my magnanimous humanitarianism. Purely as a favour to you of course. PM for further details if you agree!
@ NOBD - that's a great looking donegal suit, and as I believe you to be a bit of a camera fiend I'm going to assume that the blue-gray colour is true to life.
They've at least put him on a one-button jacket this time, so he doesn't have to get confused over which one to fasten like before.
Aesthetically there's not much in it, go with your preference. Reliability / quality wise, I have a sporty Victorinox weekend beater which is a couple of years old and doing fine.I have no personal experience with Hamiltons but I understand that they have a good reputation Mechanism - If the Victorinox is a wind-up, that might be a deal breaker as I personally couldn't be chewed to remember to wind it up every day. And to the point above ... Black is a neutral colour...