or Connect

Posts by Ianiceman

Good info here fellas. I have that exact same watch, bought in 1990. Still runs fine. I had a local jeweler / watchmaker replace the battery which used to last around five years. In 1999 I sent it to Tag for the full Monty which was around $100 but as stated came back with new dial, hands, glass, gaskets etc. I don't wear it any more as I've upped my watch game but it still has sentimental value as it was my first decent watch and first major present to myself after...
Ice cream doesn't travel well, but I'm in New York next week M - W so if you're back from your travels the gelatos are on me!
Tell you what - swop 'em for your president Mobutu leopardskin slippers in your next pic and I'll sing your praises to the heavens. Deal?
Aww c'mon man. If I seriously offended you then I apologise - was my comment really any worse than the oft used 'kill it with fire' comment we see on here?
But them yellow mules he borrowed off his Nana have got to GO!No amount of sprezz / don't give a toss / unorthodox quirky rule breaking can excuse them.
Yeah what he said! It's the 64 thousand dollar question really. There's a sweet spot at which legs look longer without shortening the torso but impossible to give a hard and fast rule and of course rise length migrates with the fashions.
[[SPOILER]] You've brought an interesting dimension to the board and I generally like the pics you've posted so far. The rise on your trousers seems awfully short, which may just be your personal stylistic choice, but where most of your other items seem to lean towards classic style, this feature is likely going to make your pics look very dated in a short time when the current trend for slim fit everything and very low rises cycles out of fashion.The pic you posted on the...
@ Isolation Please, for the love of god, do something about that prepubescent Juston Bieber helmet you've got on your head. I can't focus on any of your outfits with such abysmal looking barnet. I say this with genuine e-affection as I'm sure you're a good lad but its got to be done.
Pet peeve # 1: I don't get the hate for contrast white linen pocket squares. They can look OK to me. Maybe yet another silly SF trope that has gathered momentum.Pet peeve # 2: 'from whence' is tautological. 'Whence' does the job fine on its own!
I have a Jort which is now LaSpalla. Very nice silver grey nailhead fabric. You've got to like the shirring (pleats around the sleeve head) which is a stylistic nuance. Fits well, lots of what appears to be hand finished pick stitching and full canvas. But as the fella above alludes, fit is everything. If the fit of this works for you then the extra details will only enhance the look. If the fit is off and can't be easily remedied then your money is better spent on a...