or Connect

Posts by Ianiceman

I'm pretty sure both Butch and I were referring to pics posted right above our comments, by AAS. (I know I was !)I had to go looking for your pics which are two pages back, so why would you think we were on about you?
Also a Hollywood waist innit? I've seen pics of Sinatra et al wearing such trousers. I had a pair in the eighties in heavy gaberdine with pleats that were meant to be worn with both belt and button on braces. I realise this is frowned upon almost universally these days, but in my defence ... well, it was the eighties!
Exactly my thoughts Butch.
Don't trust manufacturers, shops or magazines to get terminology right. I have a book from Nordstroms which considers the gorge of a jacket to be the buttoning point. And I'm sick to death of seeing just about every garment worn for inclement weather, including a pullover cagoule with a hood, referred to as a 'trench'.
Me personally, I would never wear any knitwear under a suit ever, partly cos I live in a hot place, partly cos I hardly own any knitwear and partly cos my name is not Cyril Figgis. But as HF demonstrated with his later photo, although I'm not a fan, his roll neck works much better than the grandad shirt.@HF I have NEVER seen a band collar shirt at a wedding. On the odd occasion I see one worn formally, like Samuel L Jackson with a black version and black tie at the oscars,...
Sorry HF, but no. It's completely at odds wi the formality level of a navy DB suit. Not even sure why you would try this, the likelihood for success was slim to none at the concept stage.
These first two pics you posted add nothing really. The 'normal' front view is how the world will see, admire and judge your tie and ensemble, not some weird out of focus view from your chin.
Or use a cotton ball dipped in lighter fuel, the kind you use for a Zippo.
I say just stop being such a massive fanny about it. Do the shoes come off before crossing the threshold? Are they then inserted into hazmat bags before coming into the house? (Done wearing disposable rubber gloves?) Then the whole process in reverse before leaving the house? Yeah I get it. Shoes carry germs. Guess what? So does EVERYTHING else.
This is the perfect time to dig up Acridsheep's Noob Lifecycle Chart!