or Connect

Posts by Ianiceman

Horrible story TC but we live and learn. Glad you didn't get too much shaft but I think they are relying a lot on a reputation that is clearly not being met by customer service.
I had a jacket made elsewhere that didn't work out. Took it to NL first to see if they could get cloth to match and make adjustments. His assistant CJ first acted like he didn't want the business, told me to come back in a few weeks as he was going on holiday. Went back, ordered a swatch to see if matching cloth could be bought. Never heard anything. Went back, asked again, swatch ordered. Weeks later called, swatch was in. (They didn't call me!) Took jacket in, match is...
Would that be NL? He's a very nice fella but the front office customer service SUCKS with incompetence.If you are still in need of an alterations seamstress give the lovely Diana a try at Angel Tailors on the corner of Chimney Rock and Woodway (just next to the Houston Eye Associates). She is a wonderful lady so say hello from Ian if you go, she did great work for me, never objected to my requests and always did stuff on time, usually in less than a week. I really miss...
All three would be perfect for your admission interview for Clown College. Guaranteed to be accepted. None of them have any place on the back of a grown man with a modicum of taste, unless for a fancy dress party or a seat on the bus for the electric cool aid acid trip.
Not directed at anyone specifically but Jesus Christ there are some fragile fuckers around aren't there?
You choose to imply bitterness in my writing when I assure you there's none there. It's opinion, pure and simple, with which you can choose to agree or disagree, but without opinions there wouldn't be much point in message boards. Sure my 'tone' may come off as harsh sometimes, life would be boring if everyone spoke and wrote in the same tone.
Seriously hurt feelings? Get a grip man, its the Internet, its not real life. SF is a pleasant distraction for me, which often provides some interesting debates and inspiration to help me dress better, but unlike for some people around here, its not the be all end all of my life.
This part is particularly true and probably explains a lot - when someone relentlessly posts their particular style which is objectively bad, the board as a whole gives up on criticizing after a while and that look becomes enfolded as part of the SF universe no matter how much it may be derided by all but the member in question, who may be emboldened by the odd compliment.
You're spot on with this comment and its something that bugs me too.Some people on here establish themselves and get a following of groupies which makes them largely untouchable.One member once grew a ridiculous unkempt straggly beard and nary a word was said. When he shaved it off there were all these comments like, 'looks much better' etc. but no-one dared to call him out on it when it was there.I always say that while SF can provide a wealth of informed knowledge and...
Is this an Oxford / bal or a derby / blucher? If the latter I would be interested in copper suede.