or Connect

Posts by Ianiceman

SeaJen are you a stats expert? Cos I could REALLY use some help for my doctoral dissertation! Seriously!
I think its a worthwhile discussion luvvie, and I think you've stated your case well. You didn't want to name names but for me one of the worst offenders for this USED to be In Stitches (stay with me on this Stitchy!). He used to have every excuse in the book on a daily basis as to why his pics were absolutely fine (they weren't!) BUT - A few months ago, not sure what happened but he started to act upon the criticism (ten million SF members can't be wrong!) and the result...
Ha! I thought it was a great pic too, and the navy trousers didn't even register with me as I suppose my eye was drawn to the more bold unconventional teal colour of the jacket. Anyway I am one of those in agreement with you, that in the right outfit there is definitely a place for navy trousers. And odd grey jackets. The loose SF consensus around the prejudice against navy trou is bollocks IMO, and here is exhibit A m'lurd!
They have linen shirts for $20. Several colours. They are casual (soft collars etc) but for $20 ... I don't do OCBDs but they also knock them out pretty cheap too. Collars probably won't win you many fans with the SF collar roll nazis, but again, for $20 ... They also have selvedge jeans for about $50. Again, you'll get sneered at by the denim nazis but for $50 ... Uniqlo is a good shop for certain things. Great socks there three for $12. And my missus who is a nurse...
Yeah well done NOBD. Both my parents were heavy smokers and both died of lung cancer - what a waste. Hope you've added many healthy years to your life by stopping.BTW I've been on the hunt for a shirt like one of yours for ages - it was textured French blue, bespoke I think. Finally found something in a similar colour in linen by Uniqlo! Hardly in the same quality rank but will give it a try for $20:D
@ Cravat Noir - I'm usually not such a big fan of polo coats but that's one of the best ones I've seen in a 'real world' setting. Looks like it fits perfectly too.
I see you went with the Chelsea boots. Are they new? Rubber soled? How did they work out for you?
You forgot to include those ridiculous one inch wide tie bars donated from The Tie Bar that they manage to splatter all over every photo spread they do. No matter how frequently they do that they still look shit.
Never bothered with Lauren. As an Englishman it pains me to say this but the Lacostes are much better quality than Fred Perry. They keep their shape and colour better and the collars lie flat. Regular fit is a bit boxy on me so I either go for the new slim fit (on sale only, never pay full retail) or get the sides taken in for some shape.
I would say if you're happy with the service, quality and price, then if it ain't broke don't fix it. If curiously gets the better of you, its your money and you should feel free to spend it wherever you like. Legend has it that the Duke of Windsor would have trousers made for a suit at one tailor, and the jackets made by another on opposite sides of the Atlantic so you would hardly be the first person to sample the goods at different places.