or Connect

Posts by Ianiceman

@ Cravat Noir - I'm usually not such a big fan of polo coats but that's one of the best ones I've seen in a 'real world' setting. Looks like it fits perfectly too.
I see you went with the Chelsea boots. Are they new? Rubber soled? How did they work out for you?
You forgot to include those ridiculous one inch wide tie bars donated from The Tie Bar that they manage to splatter all over every photo spread they do. No matter how frequently they do that they still look shit.
Never bothered with Lauren. As an Englishman it pains me to say this but the Lacostes are much better quality than Fred Perry. They keep their shape and colour better and the collars lie flat. Regular fit is a bit boxy on me so I either go for the new slim fit (on sale only, never pay full retail) or get the sides taken in for some shape.
I would say if you're happy with the service, quality and price, then if it ain't broke don't fix it. If curiously gets the better of you, its your money and you should feel free to spend it wherever you like. Legend has it that the Duke of Windsor would have trousers made for a suit at one tailor, and the jackets made by another on opposite sides of the Atlantic so you would hardly be the first person to sample the goods at different places.
It's an awful look, foisted upon us by the likes of GQ trying to shoe horn some abomination onto the market in the vain hope of shaking up the classics to try to come up with something new - fashion, not style. Same goes for ski type parkas over suits, especially when they are shorter than the suit jacket. This picture is about the best I've ever seen it done, but a good looking suit like that deserves a good looking overcoat in cold weather, not something borrowed from...
I've done this a couple of times. I don't see why it would be a problem. They will take your frames and make lenses to fit, polarized if you like.
I'd just like to say I applaud you for instituting rule #4 Stitchy. I always thought these were supposed to be light-hearted contests to get people to show off a bit, and/or think a little more creatively about coming up with appropriate fits to comply with some imposed set of weekly guidelines. Trying on several practice fits through the week to see how they play with the voters before submitting a final pic on a Friday reeks of cheesiness and taking shit far too...
But Miss, he started it!Take another look and you'll notice I was minding my own business before I got pulled into this load of bollocks. Just fighting my corner, that's all!@ RTC beware of crepe soled desert boots. I have a couple of pairs of Clark's and they are great 'weekend' footwear, but they don't offer much in the way of arch support etc, so I reckon would be hard on the ol' dogs if you are walking in them all day.
This is an interesting question and I've been pondering the same. Before getting sucked down the rabbit hole of SF I clomped all around Paris and London in a pair of three holer Doc Marten shoes, which fitted the bill from a utilitarian standpoint but hardly from a stylistic one. Like your respondent I've been contemplating the holy grail pair of rubber soled Chelsea boots but those I've seen so far are either outrageously expensive or else no less clumpy than the DMs. I...