or Connect

Posts by Ianiceman

Great advice MF, should be writ large at the top of the front page!Also a well tailored, well fitting SS suit has every chance of looking just as good if not better than a $2k plus top brand suit that just doesn't fit or look right. We can all get snooty about full v half canvassing etc and yet ignore what is seen in the mirror.
The likelihood of correctly matching an odd waistcoat is slim, you'd be better off keeping your jacket on and if you must get a waist covering get a cummerbund instead of a waistcoat.
It's a fair comment, and I agree that you can get away with narrower jeans than say suit trousers, as you have done in your pic. I also think that Chelseas are arguably the best footwear to wear with narrow jeans, but even as someone who prefers a slim look, I do see a bit of a trend for very narrow trouser bottoms which can look jarring in an otherwise good pic, especially if the subject has canoe-sized feet!
You don't think it has some merit though?There are several pics posted lately with ankle-strangling trousers which seem to spoil an otherwise stellar outfit.
Come on Noodles, did you really spend two grand on a suit and send it off for alterations without even trying it on?I've measured my feet on a brannock as size 9 and yet from the same shoe brand can fit shoes from as wide a range from 7.5 to 9.5. Ditto for certain suit brands. Regardless of the label, the most accurate measure of how well something fits is not with a tape measure but to TRY IT ON!
I'm loving this drama but given Noodles' form, my suspicion is that he tried it on, sent it for alterations, wore it, took pics, and when after all that time and expense invested in a name brand suit via a lauded affiliate vendor, he didn't get stellar feedback and make it to the 20 thumbs page, his ridiculous neurosis kicked in and thus began his demands for satisfaction. I'm sure Noodles is a pleasant fellow in the real world but his incessant carping on this board...
I realize its 'your thing' Roy, but I think this photo demonstrates more than ever that trimmer trousers would look more flattering on you. However, as I don't post pics, feel free to ignore this comment.
I don't 'do' double breasteds myself PoP, and yours is obviously an unconventional version, but I think that high-buttoning four-to-button looks great on you and is an interesting variation that is sadly all too rare these days. I think, Lazenby wore a similar jacket in OHMSS, and I've seen something similar by the ridiculously overpriced Real Stars Are Rare. Was yours custom made or OTP?
Calm down man. He posted that eleven years ago. It might take him more than a minute to know you revived an eleven year old post.
Great advice here from GBR. Have you tried Hermes?