or Connect

Posts by Ianiceman

iYes!For some reason I've seen saturated blue shirts get bad reviews on this site but I think they look great against pale tan / khaki suits and blazers, especially as you say to avoid washing out a light skinned dude.
Textures and colors - NOBD is a master at this!NOBD if you're looking in your presence is needed in that 'Casualising the Suit' thread. Your grey flannel with suede chukkas will fit right in!
Anyone who denies there's such a thing as 'SF Groupthink' should examine the crap trends that can grow on here like weeds. Deliberate mis-spelling like those mentioned above, also 'lurk moar', 'teh', 'mang' and 'threak'. Thankfully I haven't seen the despicable 'broseph' in some time. This business with the long back blade of the tie has been discussed at length - it might have been going on for a while but seems more prolific these days. When I see a pic like Clags'...
Exactly! If you can look good with 'non SF approved' labels like Jos A Bank or whatever, then extra points!It's often said that a well fitting well tailored 'cheaper' suit can look infinitely better than a poorly fitting 'haute' brand, and I believe this to be true.
Agreed. I like Panamas anyway but the proportions of this between crown and brim seem just about perfect.
Yeah but have you learned how to tie your tie? If so please help him!
[Begin SF Speak]Wow! Great lapels on EFV senior there! Who is the maker?[/SF Speak] :D
I just googled 'seventies men fashion ad' and after seeing the first few images I need some of that eye bleach. Off to look at the eighties to see how they compare ...
Truth!
We're you there? Like a Vietnam vet, I was there (maaaan) and it was horrible. Every decade has its pros, cons and horror shows but you might be viewing the past through rose tinted glasses there. If you peruse 'typical' style images such as magazine layouts and clothing ads there are things from the seventies that have no business in any stylish man's wardrobe. Four button chest high waist bands, platform shoes, bell bottoms, huge lapels and shirt collars (and fat ties),...