or Connect

Posts by HarleyBob

Quote: Originally Posted by Loathing How is that a fairer shopping environment? US customers pay 20% less than UK customers, buying goods from a British company? So, not only do you get half prices on RL and BB compared to UK customers, but you also get reduced prices on UK produce? Sheep or lion? More like 'normal, honest person' or 'greedy, self-righteous bitch'. The issue is that your country has elected to have a VAT for their...
Quote: Originally Posted by yeah_mike Recently, how long does it take to receive a shirt? I want to put in an order but will be away for the next 4 weeks. When should I put the order in? I have been receiving my shirts withing 2 and a half to 3 weeks. Most of them come in a about a 2 week period.
Can someone post the new code when they receive it. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Loathing +1 Ralph Lauren, also and in particular. Welcome to our world, bitches! OK, you might have me there, but please answer these questions: 1) If you live in the UK, can you not order off of the Brooks Brothers US site and pay the US prices? Certainly shipping would be more, but no one has argued that CT shipping isn't fair or reasonable. 2) If you can, do they charge you sales taxes as if you were living...
Quote: Originally Posted by rebel222 Couldn't they play the same principle argument with you shopping on their UK site for the sole purpose of getting the clothes cheaper? Some good cost more in other countries. They just do, and it's not a currency issue. More competition in certain markets is one reason. I don't believe that you pay the full import duty amount all the time. Have you ever called the customs office and complained that they...
Quote: Originally Posted by ter1413 if shipping to the US, why not order from the US?? The EU prices on the Uk site, net of VAT and converted to US dollars are always cheaper than their prices in US dollars on the US site. This company regularly charges a higher price if you purchase in US$'s. Why is that? It is because, like tgt465 said, they are choosing to make a higher margin on non-EU customers than they are on EU customers. For example,...
Quote: Originally Posted by tgt465 While I agree with your concerns, what they are doing is not fraud. They are free to charge customers whatever they want, and they can charge different customers different amounts if they choose. If they decided to charge residents of non-EU countries double their normal prices, they are free to do so. If they decided customers with last names beginning with 'E' get another 50% added to their bill, they can do so too....
I just filed a complaint with HM Revenue & Customs and sent the following email to CT. I would encourage others to do likewise. They really are committing fraud. "I was placing an order with you to purchase your products. I emailed to find out whether VAT was going to be deducted from my order as I am not a EU citizen and my order was going to be shipped to the USA. I want to purchase in British Pounds. I was informed that VAT would not be deducted from your...
I was going to purchase some shirts from Ct this week and I sent an email asking the same question regarding VAT. I wanted to pay in British Pounds and have the goods shipped to the US. They gave me the same response. I didn't purchase anything from them as a result. I sent them a similar email saying that their margin on goods shipped out of the EU was 20% higher than their margin on goods shipped within the EU. How fair is that to non-EU customers? You are correct,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Flartchy if you gonna wear monks please don't have a huge pot belly. For some reason when I see chubby dudes in monks it makes me feel nervous. If you're gonna wear monks please don't be a skinny little runt with tight pants showing your tiny little manhood. For some reason when I see skinny little dudes in monks it makes me feel nervous.