or Connect

Posts by robbrechter

setting everything up applying reno hermes red cream polish on merlot AEs -- not a perfect match (their premium polish is actually really good) but wanted to redden the leather a bit for this go round wax polish on the bourbon -- mix of brown and mahog applying a few extra layers of neutral wax to both pairs quick buff of the toe cap and edge dressing applied They were in pretty good shape to begin with so I didn't do too much. All in all took me about 90 minutes...
I wear a 9.5E in both PA and Mora 2.0.
Okay so someone covered the Independence lining, but can anyone comment on Independence insole pad? I wasn't 100% clear on whether that's something people normally get, but I got it. However, my invoice lists it and it says "OK'd by customer," and now I'm concerned I made a stupid choice and I shouldn't have. Can anyone shed some light for me? Edit: I asked AE CS and this was the response. It sounds like it's a good thing, but still concerned why specifically noted that I...
Got Mora 2.0s in Bourbon and am a bit disappointed in the color. Not as dark as the Bourbon Strands I already have. Thinking about going MTO for Merlot Mora 2.0s with Allison. Would be same $293.25 price, correct? Any thoughts on a burgundy/merlot Mora? Would love to get a second opinion on whether this is something I should even be entertaining.
no matter how shitty their suits turn out, they have a hardline no refund policy and do not waver. trust me.
I bought these a while back ($129 sale on BB Seconds) and I never wore the PAs as I was saving them for more special occasions since I already have Fifth Aves and PAs in Merlot. As I was shining them, I noticed that the stitching is off on the toe cap of one shoe. I'm far beyond return period, so that's not an option. Questions: 1) how noticeable do you think it is in all honesty. I'm not fishing, so if it is noticeable, please say so; 2) is this something a cobbler can...
1. Getting everything out to do a Presidential Shine. I used RenoMat on Thursday to strip all of the factory polish off of these shoes, which I have never worn. Took quite a bit of RenoMat to accomplish this. Hoping my backordered bottle comes soon. 2. Renovateur applied 3. Saphir black cream polish applied 4. Excess cream polish brushed off 5. Wax polish applied (1 thin coat all over shoe in black, 3 coats on toe cap -- 1 black, 2 navy) 6. Final product, after buffing...
After applying the cream. At this point, I'm not really liking the color these shoes turned to. Finished product. I got some of the redness back, but not as much as I'd like. The Mahogany wax seems redder than the cream. Did a light coat of wax all over the shoe to get that coloring. I'm thinking my next purchase will be some Hermes Red cream so I can mix it with Mahog for next shining.
Keeping SSS alive. Shining my Burgundy PAs. Trying something different: AE Merlot paste polish alternating with Saphir Mahogany. Then I'm going to alternate clear Saphir wax polish with Mahogany wax. Let's see how they turn out. WIP shots below* of prepping for the shine and then shoes post conditioning. They're currently resting for a few minutes before I brush off the conditioner. *Pardon the mess. I'm polishing while my son is turning the living room into his own...
At first glance, they looked like notch lapels to me. However, they're peak lapels, and that additional ridge you're likely seeing is the boutonnière. I think the contrast just isn't very high and the pattern makes it hard to discern when initially looking at it. At least that's what I think his issue is.