or Connect

Posts by sashae

Hmm, sounds like I'll pass this one up. After the Paul Stuart and Nancy Koltes (linens) sales, I need a break -s
Hours: Mon-Thu 9am-6:30pm/Fri 9am-5pm Hickey Freeman brings you beautifully fabricated and superbly crafted men's apparel, tailored in the American style. There is a huge selection of classic and sophisticated suits, sport coats, tuxedos, trousers, dress shirts and ties. Also shop sportswear including knit and woven shirts, sweaters, trousers and outerwear. * Suits now $499-$699, retail $1,000-$2,500 * Sport coatsnow $299-$499, retail $800-$2,000 * Dress trousers...
I picked up my Rowenta Professional (DM880) from eBay for around $75 or so... Bed Bath and Beyond has them around $90. Best iron I've ever used. -s
So who starches their shirts here? How much? What sort of starch?
I just picked up an iron a few weeks ago, and did my first batch of 13 (yikes) shirts last Sunday... slow going, but the shirts look pretty nice. Considering the local dry cleaner wants $3.75 for wash/hand press, I've almost paid for the iron already -s
Speaking of weird lapels, Kenny Smith on last night's TNT NBA broadcast was wearing lapels that had the notch *below* the point of the lapel -- notched upwards into the bottom part of the triangle. To do a bad ascii rendition, it looked something like this: Code Sample / / < ^ \\
Oh, also: http://www.hisremnant.org/Vuitton/fakes1.html -s
In general the easiest way to tell is the leather/stitching quality of the handles/attachment points. Cheap fakes will have plasticky leather with large stitching, and the attachments to the purse will be chintzy looking metal. The stitching should also be symmetric, even, and small. Also, the quality of the zipper (if it has one) is a big giveaway. Authentics will have very heavyweight, large-toothed zippers and pulls. Check the symmetry of the pattern. If the pattern...
People ask why I like mechanical watches more than digital, which can be far more accurate. My answer? In a world where so much of what we do is mechanized, computerized or automated that being able to wear/handle/appreciate something that was built with the pure craftsmanship of the human hand is a rare pleasure, and something worth seeking out. -s
People ask why I like mechanical watches more than digital, which can be far more accurate. My answer? In a world where so much of what we do is mechanized, computerized or automated that being able to wear/handle/appreciate something that was built with the pure craftsmanship of the human hand is a rare pleasure, and something worth seeking out. -s