or Connect

Posts by sashae

They had definitely put out new things since yesterday -- the tan wholecuts I bought in 10D were also available in black and olivey/brown, as well as the side-lace jobs in walnut and black, and the dark brown pebbled monks (which I really, really want to buy but my wife will most likely throttle me.) Wide selection on the ends of the size ranges (12+, 8-) from what I saw. Cleaned them out of women's knits and shirts -- at $200 marked down to $50 for shirts, and $500+ for...
I was planning on wearing mine primarily with an olive/tan suit I have, but they'll go well with my light grey suit as well. -s
I tend to agree... the tan wholecuts I picked up are absolutely beautiful, and I -may- try to work them in with slim jeans, but for the most part they're probably suit/slacks shoes. -s
I just went by again -- sorry to disappoint johnnynorman and Duveen, but no joy on the items you were looking for. The 10.5s were positively devastated when I just went back, and I saw the linen/leather specs in 8, 9, 11, and 12. Amazing the amount of stuff that's cleared out in the last few hours. I figure I'll go back on Friday for the final markdowns, as I'd love to pick up either some channeled sole casuals, white brogued bucks, or specs at the final markdowns. -s
Duveen - I'm heading back over on a mission for a few people this afternoon, and if I happen to see a pair I'd be happy to pick them up for you. -s, mr. shoe mission.
I think I'm going to head back on the last day to see if I can pick up a few other things at super discount -- I was very, VERY tempted by the black/white specs, but at $180 I felt I should get things that I'll be able to wear more broadly. -s
Quote: Is it still worth going? I was lookng for 10.5 shoes? - Absolutely worth it. I just bought 4 pair in 10D, but there was great selection in 10.5D as well. Wow. -s
Getting there early for the shoes... hoping for a nice double-soled country-looking wingtip (you know, for farmer.)
My new Kiton sportjacket came with unfinished sleeves, so I'm considering doing working buttonholes. Has anyone used Dynasty Tailors on 38th in NYC for working buttonholes, and if not, do we have a consensus on who would be the best to do it? For obvious reasons, I'd rather not screw it up. -s