or Connect

Posts by sashae

People ask why I like mechanical watches more than digital, which can be far more accurate. My answer? In a world where so much of what we do is mechanized, computerized or automated that being able to wear/handle/appreciate something that was built with the pure craftsmanship of the human hand is a rare pleasure, and something worth seeking out. -s
What's the name of their Custom range, and any good tips on how to spot them? I'm planning on hitting the Hickey Freeman sample sale in a week or so, and I'm hoping to score some more good finds... -s
Can't help it
I work in a *very* casual office as well, so whenever I've worn a suit or a sportcoat to work (which I truly do enjoy), I get the whole "how'd it go?" "who was it with?" "when's the interview?" treatment. Annoying, but what're you going to do, NOT wear the nice clothes?
Does it make sense to put it in a trunk, or should everything be hung up?
Quote: Quote: (sashae @ April 18 2005,16:46) I spoke to a woman who (again, I presume) was either his wife or another employee, and she said that "they didn't have the machine to do it." That is the craziest excuse I have heard in a while. What kind of a special machine do you need to make buttonholes that they would not already have ? Was there enough room on the sleeve to put button holes ? I have seen them measure to make sure that...
Quote: I have had Dynasty do working button holes on several jackets, I just picked up a Corneliani suit last week. Are you a regular customer ? Did you ask prices first ? I don't ask what the cost is up front and they have never said no to any of my requests. They have always charged me a fair price when I have picked up the finished garment. Bizzare -- my wife and I have brought in multiple loads of things over the last few weeks, and had never...
Went by Dynasty this morning to see if they could do working sleeve buttons, and they could not. I've got another sportcoat to do at the same time, so I'm going to try calling around to a few other places and see if I can meet with success. Sorta disappointing, considering Dynasty is right around the corner from me. -s
Super 100s 2b side vent. $225 Sorry for the awful pics, digicam got stolen so I'm stuck with my phone. Grey with a pale blue pin.
I'm curious as well -- my cashmere sportcoat was made in Canada with 'fabric from Scotland' and the suit was made in Canada with 'fabric from England.' Found the original tag on the sportcoat -- $1479. Not bad for $75 -s