or Connect

Posts by MasterplayerC

So it sounds like we're all in the same boat. I did the shorts-on-the-commute-change-in-the-office thing last summer. This definitely narrows my focus regarding future trouser/shirt/suiting purchases: summer-weight everything and layer when necessary. Prevents closet space from ever being an issue I guess.
Figured this was worth more of a discussion than "quick question" and did some searching but couldn't find anything this specific. How do you balance the heat or cold outside with whatever temperature it is in your work environment (or train/subway)? I've been favoring linen even now with some 50degree mornings, simply because I find myself sweating in my office even without a sportcoat/jacket. Is it worth giving tweed or other heavier fabrics a shot? How much do fabric...
I'm a fan of the 2 wallet method. Card case for cards, billfold for bills. both as slim as possible to keep from accumulating junk. Leffot Fold for bills (daily use for about a year, the cordovan has aged really well, I use mine inside-out, so the silver stamp can be seen without having to open it) http://uncrate.com/p/2010/10/leffot-fold-wallet-xl.jpg Makr angle wallet for cards (in Kangaroo, which they don't make anymore, because of how thin the leather is compared to...
As someone with 2 pairs of EGs (purchased from Leffot), I can honestly say that females swoon at least 50% more when I wear them than when I wear my AEs.
Plain white Hanes tagless wifebeater - worn as an undershirt from 6AM-8PM. I work out at 8PM. No reason to soil 2 shirts, right? - best range of motion, breathability Black underarmour ankle socks - anti-microbial, don't stretch, have yet to get a hole in them Navy above the knee underarmour shorts, fall above the knee - easily tucked in underarmour boxerbriefs during deadlifts (so I don't pants myself if the bar catches the shorts on the way down) - resists chalk -...
Need help! Had a pair of APC NS 29, fit great. Started working out/eating for size, balls/thighs felt like a midget was squeezing them. Sized up to 31. Was fine for ~1 month but I'm not done eating, so the vice grip has returned. The problem: waist remains same, stomach got fat, thighs and ass are growing at a steady rate. I need something that will fit in the waist/calves, but gives me some room in the thighs/crotch area. Any suggestions? I walk past a Levi's store...
1.5hr commute for me to NYC (LIRR+15 minute walk). Sometimes walking 15 minutes to and from client sites. I have the luxury of working in a casual office, and am able to store my suits and shoes for when I have to pop up to the clients, or we have a meeting in the office. I agree that shoes are meant to be worn, but see no need to put mileage on either pair of EGs I own during a commute where I'm doing my best to ignore everyone around me. That said, if I was obligated...
Quote: Originally Posted by coop86 Second, if you are in the 40% that would benefit from nice clothing, how many people do you know who would buy say 4 RLBL suits for $6,400 when they can get 4 suits from Men's Warehouse for $600. That $5,800 can pay for a bunch of different things.... Prioritizing is the name of the game for me for these reasons. I was a twig at 6ft 125lbs, am now up to 150. If I had purchased any shirts or pants, I...
Thanks for the ideas. I couldn't visualize a blue shirt with them, but now I see it is definitely workable.
I recently purchased a pair of red chinos (not quite as faded as nantucket red, but not firetruck red) for cheap and had them tapered to fit my chicken legs. What the hell does one wear with these? I stupidly decided to wear a yellow shirt... Certainly not the smartest thing in the world. Any suggestions (either on the very casual side, or as formal as red pants can be)?