or Connect

Posts by ducatisteve

Thank you both. The leather is pretty oily already, so usually vigorous brushing will bring out a natural glow. Just always looking for more ways to feed the obsessiveness.
Thanks for the reply. I might be mistaken, but if you're replying to my question about kudu and AE's waxy leather, I don't think either will take polish very well. So far I've been brushing once every few weeks and saddle soaping roughly annually.
I had a couple questions regarding some leathers in my collection. I have a pair of Alden Indy AF64s (very similar to the 404) with the heavily oiled Kudu leather. I also have a pair of AE McTavishes in waxy black leather (from their Rough Collection). Of course I'm not looking to have either of these be pristine or shiny, but is there anything I should do in the name of general upkeep besides keeping the in shoe trees and in rotation? I have the AE saddle soap, which they...
Wow, condescending much? Speaking of JFK, he was 30 when he entered Congress. What have you done?
Ribbed Tee's. They're about 30" long and never untuck (in my experience).
Many of your basic white Oxford cloth or poplin dress shirts will be kind of transparent, unless you're wanting to go pretty expensive or towards a blend. If you want a trick to not having your undershirt seen (or hair/nipples if you go without), then start wearing grey undershirts. They're pretty much invisible under a white shirt and my favorite are from ribbedtee.com.
Any advice regarding Kudu and waxy leather?
Wow, thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread, it has been a great read and very informative. I had a couple questions regarding some leathers in my collection. I have a pair of Alden Indy AF64s (very similar to the 404) with the heavily oiled Kudu leather. I also have a pair of Alden McTavishes in waxy black leather (from their Rough Collection). Of course I'm not looking to have either of these be pristine or shiny, but is there anything I should do in...
RibbedTee classic v-necks are $18.50 for a 2 pack are not only some of the nicest undershirts on the market, they'll last quite a while too.
Does anyone know if J.Crew stopped carrying their Indy boot? When I search their site all they show are a couple bluchers.