Posts by Naive, Jr.

Silk-linen (50% + 50%) or cotton or seersucker?
All my jackets are wool except one of linen I wash after dancing hours in the disco. Contrary to shop instructions hand wash overnight in soapy water several rinses and hottest spray down in shower the result after hung dry only requires ironing. I cannot judge by Internet the advantages and disadvantages of various cloths for a jacket. If choice were either 55% silk mixed with 45% linen or 100% cotton ? I don't have a steamer against creases. Is it true like linen...
Kabbaz is right because Smedley Sea Island quality gets holes.
Hygiene. Cotton is washable at higher temperature. However, 100% cotton socks easily gets holes. So better with 10 to 30% synthetic.
Cashmere for the most part comes from Chinese Inner Mongolian sheep and imported by Scottish or Italian mills to be woven. OK?
User info? Where is the user info at the bottom of the post, please? I only see either flag, thumb or quote?
Thanks very much, powerkicker! My attempt to formulate more precisely failed. I just wanted to specify which jacket cloth I had in mind (because I'm interested in washing it). You are probably right the cloth doesn't influence the cut. I'm glad to hear the cut covers your seat. I'll keep that in mind if I order from Chester Barrie.
Wow, eight bucks hard-earned to dry clean a pair of cotton trousers! If I were to dry clean my cotton clothing I hardly have money to buy more!
tbrock about buying sunspel t-shirts: I kept searching and got all mine, all made in England crew neck, short-sleeves, L - none black, grey nor white - below thirty quid on sale online by checking everyday. I got two negative judgments about moleskin as jacket cloth: 1. Loses shape 2. Heavy and stiff
I read just recently Sunspel left Turkey. My undershirt or tshirt is Sunspel. I'm very happy with Sunspel tshirts which I buy on sale and a size larger. No problems with disintegration I always had with Smedley.