or Connect

Posts by Timmer

Quote: Originally Posted by nelly My understanding is that GF is a line of higher quality (fabric and worksmanship) clothes from BB, not necessary a conservative fit. Black Fleece on the other hand represents both a different quality and a different fit. You'll see on the BB website that most GF suits are Madison fit, but some of them are Regent or Fitzgerald which are noted in the item description. I am fully expecting the one I bought to fit the same...
Nice find. I'm relatively new to suiting and BB in general. Last weekend I went and tried an 1818 Fitzgerald suit which I thought looked good -- fitted but not too fashion-forward. I thought the GF line was all much more conservative. Am I to understand that the GF "Fitzgerald" is the same fit as the 1818 version of the same name? Thank you!
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad To be clear, you do NOT want to put cream-style polish on shell cordovan shoes. Only use wax-based polish (which is what the Alden product is). I hope this does not get too off-topic but I just purchased my first pair of shell cordovan shoes (AE MacNeil) and went to AE's website and watched their video on caring for shell cordovan shoes and purchased their cordovan cream. Are you saying this is actually...
Hmm makes since. I'm just noticing that my Weybridges were pretty stiff at first and even had a bit of the shoe that was pushing into my foot (not painful by any means) right at the ankle bone but that only lasted for one full wear. Now after about five wearings, the leather is softer and not as tight. I'm probably using wrong words to describe this. To be sure, I don't mean on the bottom/sole of the foot but rather at the top around the ankle where you put your foot in...
Ah, I see. So I won't worry about the size as marked so much as just that it fits well BTW, when trying on new dress shoes, I assume it's better to be slightly on the snug side since it appears that as the leather gets broken in it softens up? My Weybridges were almost too-tight when I tried them on but now they're not tight at all, I assume mainly due to the leather now moving and molding to my foot.
Hello, I am just entering the world of nice shoes. In fact, I bought my first dress shoe (AE Weybridge in Chili) during the last Nordstroms Mens Sale. So I am still learning about sizes and lasts. My feet measure between just over a 10 1/2 (right foot) to just under an 11 (left). I usually get 11s in casual shoes, although I recently got a J&M penny loafer that is still somewhat loose in a 10 1/2. The Weybridge in 11D fits fine but almost a touch loose now that the...
I just bought the Weybridge at Nordstrom's Men's Sale last month. It was my first real "dress" shoe. While maybe not a staple shoe, I agree that it is beautiful and I love it. Just wore it today at work with dark jeans and a nice tucked in dress shirt. One of those moments were I realized "Ah, so this is why a shoe can make an outfit!" I also stopped by and put aside the AE Park Avenue and Strand for the sale next week and bought a new pair of MacNeils in Shell...
Quote: Originally Posted by Saltricks I think I'll be getting the park avenues at the nordstroms sale next week! Please god I hope they have the park avenues in merlot I am not familiar with how Nordstrom sales work. Does each store get variations or is it standard across all? I saw the retail information a couple weeks ago and the store near me's list said just PA - Black for the sale.
Ah, thank you very much!
Hello. I am looking at these AE MacNeils being sold on Ebay as new firsts. I see that there is a stamp on the sole of the shoe but can't figure out what it is (it doesn't seem to be the "W" or "hammer" symbol I see referred to with returns and resoles). Would anyone be able to shed some light on this? Thank you!