or Connect

Posts by rabiesinfrance

Here's what I'm getting at: Like: Church's Oxford Like: Cleverley bespoke Dislike: C&J Connaught I also like the Edward Green heel counter on the Malvern, Chelsea and Cadogan. The Cleverley colour is wonderful.
It's obviously excellent quality, but I think the wave-like brogueing just looks plain awful. I also dislike the 'dog's ear' back, which on many shoes, particularly sleek Oxfords ruins the lines of the shoes. This is a reason why I am deterred from buying the Crockett & Jones Connaught. Church's used to do a nice Oxford, but their quality has gone down the pan.
I prefer to let my shoes take an all over patina. With respect to Foster, it just looks artificial/overdone.
I'm thinking of getting the Thornham or Portman.
Is the fading available on all the RTW? Personally, I don't like the look.
Here's a pair of 40s/50s work boots made from "toughide" leather.
I would have expected lighter tones to have come through in the leather. The oily black discolouration is probably to do with the natural oils coming out of the leather. I've also seen Horween go that way on some English made shoes. I don't know if shoe care is the issue. Perhaps simply use a neutral shoe cream?
I have been tempted by Wolverine 1000 mile, but the leather appears to crap up after wear - i.e. go an oily black colour.
I've never seen bespoke RAF style Oxford. I wouldn't be surprised to see Prince William wearing such a thing.