or Connect

Posts by rabiesinfrance

I've never seen bespoke RAF style Oxford. I wouldn't be surprised to see Prince William wearing such a thing.
To be honest, I'd commission C&J to make classic EG styles at benchgrade standards and sell at handgrade prices. Basically, EG styles for less money. Styles which are found further down, e.g. Loake.
Edward Green now charge £195 for a resole! That takes the piss. If I had a choice of a diamond rubber sole or an oak bark tanned sole on my dress shoes, I'd go for the former. And factor in maybe three or four re-solings until they raise two fingers and tell you to bugger off.
I picked up a pair of these for about £20. Royal Navy deck boots, made by T&H Bros., 1992. Lovely quality, very robust and made to military specifications. Heel - heavy wooden heel - six layers of leather with a metal tip. Nailed. Sole - Goodyear welted (I believe) and screwed. Upper - fine quality cross-hatched black grain leather, probably cowhide Insole - very heavy leather insole. Leather lined in places Traditional work boot style. True to size. Much...
I increasingly prefer rubber soles. Hard-wearing, waterproof, etc. Leather on business shoes, though I'm watching with interest leather/rubber combinations.
I hate the wanky stuff on the website. The Basics Never wear your new shoes in the rain until they have been worn about 3 or 4 times. If your shoes do get wet, put shoe trees in them or newspaper if you don't have trees. Let them dry at room temperature for at least 48 hours before you wear them again. Wet sole leather will wear out twice as quickly as dry sole leather. Before polishing your shoes always wipe them over with a dry cloth to get rid of surface dirt. Polish...
The London store seems to stock a limited range of lasts: - lots of 202. I don't fit it so is there anywhere I can get something on the 82 (or indeed other lasts) on the Malvern or the Cadogan (in chestnut)? No MTO. I'm after the English look: short with a slightly rounded toe.
C&J Handgrade is the same leather as EG is it not? C&J sales staff will tell you it is.
I never seem to get a reply from them. Relative to other retailers their shoes are pricey.
Few suggestions (may be useful):I'd like to see some Handgrade shoes on the 236 last (you phased them out 3-4 years ago), or similar. I simply detest the elongated 337 last.There's nothing for me to buy at Handgrade level.Brogues look 'ok' on the 337, but I feel that that style needs a more rounded look (e.g. Trickers 6038L).I'd bring in a Handgrade heavy brogue, perhaps double-leather soled in oxblood (you don't do oxblood), chestnut or burgundy. Or even a range: brogue,...