or Connect

Posts by rabiesinfrance

I'll take a look (I haven't checked the website for some time). I'm after a handgrade quality full brogue. Most of the best lines are made on elongated/chiseled lasts, so there is very little out there. I don't fit the EG 202.
Are you likely to stock any shoes/boots with a rounded toe (similar C&J's 236)? I dislike elongated/chiseled lasts. I have tried the 337, and although it fitted well, it didn't look right.
I have read lots of posts about what products to use on them. Speaking from experience, I have used Montana Pitch Blend and Obenaufs. Recently tried this. Excellent product. Better than the latter two products, which can leave black residue on the leather. I can now see the fine grain of the boots. Importantly, if you use this product you'll keep the original waxed leather finish, which is matted down by Montana and...
Guess what I meant is that the leather insoles look a bit odd, and they are not stamped "real leather"
Had a look a few Barker shoes a few weeks ago. Not sure if they have leather insoles.
If possible, I'd add a tiny Foster & Son stamp to the tip - very refined.
I might go for a solid silver or brass tip to the laces.
A few thoughts...Most canvas game/fishing bags are a bit on the small side for use as modern go-to work bags. I would suggest something capable of holding two A4-sized folders with a little bit of room. Though not too big to get away from the light shoulder bag look. The Hardy "Compact" bag (which I have) is slightly too big at 17" x 11" whereas the Hardy "Test" bag is slightly too small at 15" x 12". (I suppose the best way to design these things is practically.) ...
Lovely inside. I like the displays.An item which might look nice would be a traditional flap-over canvas game/fishing bag. I know Ducker sell them, and New & Lingwood have a few (I think Chapman made).It would be nice to have something to go with your country range.
I like C&J look to their shops - bright and airy. The problem has always been that it's so difficult to see what you are buying in a dark, pokey shop. Tricker's is an example of that and when I bought a pair of shoes from them ages ago I actually had to take them outside to look at them. Appreciate some interiors are impossible to do much with, probably to do with listing and so on.