or Connect

Posts by krakatoa

Quote: Originally Posted by vinveritas And would it be possible to arrange for the ordered ties to be delivered to a Bangkok hotel in case the customer is visiting ? Thanks Although David already replied, I thought I'd add that I recently arranged for delivery to the Bangkok hotel where I was staying and had no problem with delivery.
Quote: Originally Posted by nhannon What construction options are people choosing for grenadine ties (fina or grossa)? Are grenadines supposed to be tipped? Last month, ordered 4 or 5 (mixture of finas and grossas) untipped 6 folds.
I've ordered about 15 shirts from Chan, but all of them within the past year. The collars are stiff.
Hiltl
"Even more recently, the conservative press has ... published details of his ... €25,000 suits made to measure by Barack Obama's tailor." 10th paragraph in: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...low?intcmp=239 Journalistic hyperbole, or matter of fact? Anyone know?
Quote: Originally Posted by ginlimetonic Helpful in sense of the relationships you had with the tailor. Not helpful in that you did not comment on fit, satisfaction on the finished product. Actually, I did comment on my satisfaction with the finished product. As for fit, in my view this is really the responsibility of the purchaser, especially (as in my case) where two or more fittings occur and both tailors are perfectly happy to make...
In August 2009 I commissioned suits (single jacket, two trousers) with each of Chan and Yao (my first suits with either), with two fittings. In 2010 I commissioned another suit with Yao. I'll respond briefly with thoughts on workmanship, customer service and overall satisfaction. Workmanship for the initial suits was slightly better with Chan; there were some minor issues with Yao, most notably (in spite of my instructions) the armholes are slightly low; by contrast,...
Quote: Originally Posted by yellman Except they are only made in italy. Not true - STP shows Masons pants made in Peru and Bulgaria. I have two pairs of poplin pants (both made in Italy). While I like the styling, the fabric's on the heavy side, in one case so much so that said pair is unwearable any time of the year outdoors where I live (in southeast Asia).
Remember that much or most of your time in Hong Kong will be spent in air conditioned environments (at least, I hope that's the case!). I also live in SE Asia and am very comfortable at work in half-lined suits made of four season cloth, although I admittedly don't walk around outside too much in office wear. I would not recommend seersucker, however - it will look out of place.
Thanks for the post. Was the formal shirt fabric also house fabric, or branded?