or Connect

Posts by krakatoa

Not at all. I've shamelessly done so many times...
If it were me, I'd take it back to the original tailor and see what he can do. Not sure I understand why you're planning to have the alteration done in Bangkok - is it merely a matter of saving money, or was that where the suit was made?
taking these puppies (Shanklin bluette) out for a first walk today:
I recall others here saying over time, their grenadines tend to stretch a bit more than their conventional ties - which has been my experience too (seems like around 3/4 inch, maybe more, on some of my earlier Hober grenadines). Having said that, the longer length bothers me much less than would having a "too short" tie initially and waiting for it to stretch, so I'll continue to order my usual tie length.
Update to my earlier message - I took a close look and was wrong in my earlier reply - there is a light interlining.
In my experience (with more than a dozen ties from Patrizio), unlined means unlined. (In retrospect, I wish that a few of them did have interlinings.)
Because of the pattern. In my view, the windowpane and the stripes don't work well together, particularly when the scale is similar.
I have the grenadine fina stripe (but in a bow), but wouldn't wear it with a navy windowpane suit. The solid dark red would be a better combo, in my view.