or Connect

Posts by add911_11

I am surprise by the quietness of this thread recently.... Is it like no one is making their projects up in Hong Kong?Anyway I will like to share the following baste fitting of my DB blazer x trouser combo (long overdue actually)...The jacket is made up of VBC 8oz hopsack in french navy, surprisingly this VBC has nice colour depth and texture, in my opinion on-par with the Loro Piana choice in my tailor's shop.The trouser is something brand new for me, a current Zegna...
I had a VBC perennial s110 myself.I believe it is a 2x1 twill.However, the performance is good and I don't think it wears quick, obviously not as hard wearing then some English traditional stuff.
BTW how does the sole and the welt looks like?Possible to have any Blind welt on the waist line?
You serious? Masaru now has a MTOservice ?
No I just purchased it from the tailor.Nowadays I rarely CMT unless it is something special.
No just 100% Silk
I have seen Tessitura Di Novara in the Zegna book recently but they are not stubby at all, rather like plain weave fabric in 260 gram.Anyway thank you for the tip and I can refer the question to my tailor.
By the way guys, Do you know where I can find source(s) for good quality dupioni silk suiting online or locally in Hong Kong? I don't mind buying online / over the phone but it will be greatful if they can provide samples or website pages where I can check them out. Been dying to get a length of dark grey or navy blue for a long time.
@jswp I think with your budget it is workable with both WWC and GY. What do you mean by "traditional"? I think you should also consider what fabric you like... especially on tux... I suggest you to have a more detailed spec. in mind to ensure you don't get a rubbish result and pushing money down the drain. @Chicagobred I recently ordered a length of mid-grey zegna Wool-linen-silk trouser length, it has a nice silvery sheen finish and relatively durable for daily...
I agree entirely that "Drapers" Five Star is a good book to have, but only for the informed customer. Also not all wholeseller are willing to give out generous amounts of books unless they can assure that they will have regular orders with tailors. By the way, does Drapers have any books that are catered for Asian climates? My limited experience tells that Drapers aren't very known for their tropical offerings.