Posts by add911_11

HAHA you never know.... especially when it is a young mid 20s to mid 30s men wearing them.Probably will also help the positive comment if he also has a maserati quattroporte GTS...".....Woo what a lovable handsome family man, totally will fancy a dinner with him..."
Given tux is something one dont often replace (unless weight changes), I honestly think tux is always worth to get it bespoke rather than regret it later. Further tux has a more confined design features, so a clueness customer (and I think OP aint one of them) can't really go too wrong with it. Fit wise, some common sense will do, it is not rocket science.
They should have a column on iGent look (e.g. Smalto / A&S / Rubinacci suit, plain colour shirt, boring Grenadine tie, White PS, Cleverley Bespoke Pig-skin loafer). What they comment on are all very edgy, of course the general female consensus will be against it.
I think you should just bite the bullet and get a bespoke dinner suit (granted with good weight and respectable fabric). For example, my bespoke tux in old Dormeuil Tonik is pretty much indestructible and had last for 4-5 years without showing much of wear. Also using Savile Row for dinner suit has the advantage to choice a wide range of silk facing which makes your garment truly special. On the other hand, I have seen too many MTM operation making a dinner jacket as...
I think lapped seams are merely for the look. Without it a tailor can still create the prefect sleeve pitches and so on.However, recently I have used a different non domestic sleeve lining which is stiffer. I find that on lightweight fabrics it seems to force the sleeve to retain its shape quicker.I also realise it is very important to have your lightweight suits to be tailor pressed every now and then.
I pick a standard VBC Super 110 book. Lining back in same colour.
I just browse through The Merchant Fox website. I am astonished by the cut length price of their flannel. There are so many other choices of business flannel suiting fabrics , in virtually the same colour, in a much more reasonable price.
To be honest, I can't imagine someone that keen will not book a overnight stay in Tokyo and spend another amount of time for an authentic Japanese bespoke suit.
You should try one. I just got a beige DB waistcoat made up and it works very well with my dark rope stripe suit in a cool office day (which will be rarer in the next month).
As long as waistcoat can get laid haha.