Posts by add911_11

No worries my friend. At some point, most keen suit dresser will move onto bespoke eventually, no matter how well RTW fits.
This 3 piece suit is playful. I like it.
I suppose 13oz is the difference.... And I am happy for you.
I have two unfused Fresco suit before made by McCabe in UK, I think fresco not a cloth that is easy to iron into shape and tailor. During the first few months, the suit looks impeccable and clean. However, after a while, the coat will show some "floating bubbles" on the hanger, it is impossible to iron them out. I will say McCabe cuts my coat rather tight so those "floating bubbles" will be gone when I put it on, but it really leaves no place for my wallet and phone.One...
I will love to see selfies of PeakingRoadHK, hippotamus and HIfilover in their best suiting outfit..... Are people keen on 240g wool linen silk suit with no interfusing? Hui begged me to make it this way with half lining...
I agree all fabrics can be tailored without interfusing, but some of the lightweight, fragile stuff will look like shit if you don't properly press them now and then. I am talking about those tropical wieght super wools where it is hard to give/take shape but the most optimum to wear in deep Summer. I now mostly wears these fragile and lightweight stuff to balance the usual heat, I don't have the luxury of someone who can press my coat every two wears, therefore...
I believe business is business. It is beyond common sense to ask a businessman to tell you all the ins and outs of his trade. If you were the businessman you wouldn't like it either.... so why insist? From my knowledge, it really takes luck and experience to buy good fabrics that is worthwhile for CMT. I have seen quiet a few new comers who focus on bargain too much when they buy their first fabric. That will cause another rubbish result although you may be happy to save...
Perhaps Hui does not want to scare you on price. VBC two piece would have easily push the price close to 10k...
I think you should try VBC first. They are actually very decent fabrics. They also can order Dugdale Town or Royal classic / Huddersfield cool new wool but the whole bespoke process will take longer.
Wow. There are some serious discussion happening in here! I applaud to GBR's great writing.