or Connect

Posts by Frigiliana

Thanks for the info migsy999 not only did Manchester invent the computer they invented water proof clothing .
I'll be honest i'd never heard of it till i started getting interested in Nigel Cabourn stuff through this forum , it mentions on the jacket that it was used by the R.A.F during WW2 and was developed by scientists in Shirley which think is Midlands but i could be wrong there , i can testify to it's waterproof properties as it lashed it down on my way to Witherspoon's for a coffee this morning .
Thanks , quite chuffed to see the Ventile was woven in Lancashire as that's my County .
Thought i should give a thumbs up to Flannels UK , ordered a Mallory jacket in grey on Friday last week came today . Very happy with the jacket as you all know it's a worry regarding sizing went for my usual 50 and it fits great will post a photo if anybody is interested as i know there are plenty of photos on the Cabourn forum . Merry Christmas to all the members i enjoy reading all your posts .
I have a Donegal in a 50 , i posted some photo's in this thread , i probably could have got away with a 48 but i wanted to be able to wear a cardigan or a jumper under it , PM if you want more info.
Don't know if this will help as i don't know where you live , if your in the UK you could visit the Cheaney factory i did and picked up a pair that i belive are made by Cheaney for Herring shoes i paid £190 and they are beautiful , these are my only quality shoe so i cant comment as to there ranking with other makes . These are the shoes . http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=6&shoeid=2997
Thankyou js4design just found the restaurant on google maps Cheers
Less of the older gentlemen I'm only 25 (hard life) joking coming up to 60 . I'm a bit late to the party as regards style not to mention Nigel Cabourn clothes but I'm learning with the help of this great forum . I'm hoping to add a Cabourn shirt and sweater in the future , thanks all who took the trouble to reply .
Thanks seer for your generous comment
My first Nigel Cabourn item the Donegal Army Jacket love it. Shoes are Joseph Cheaney and the rest is Massimo Dutti .