or Connect

Posts by PoundSand

Ordered from the shoe bank Friday... Got a fraud alert for multiple charges in Wisconsin on my card today from Chase... Check you statements...
grrr. it was on the list they sent me too,but they didn't take the order...
chili shows the character of the leather much better than burgundy, imo.
Recently stumbled across them; they apparently do a bunch of custom tailoring for athletes and such - anyone ever have anything made there?
I've had custom shirts made at James Lee Tailors in Taipei, right around the corner from the Sheraton. Very pleased with the results...
Quote: Originally Posted by sportin_life For the discussion for slim fit shirts, I'm pretty athletic (swim and run a lot, lift once in a while) but not bulky and find even their extra-slim fit shirts not that "slim fit." I don't find the extra slim shirts to be the right shape for someone athletic- too constricting around the chest and shoulders, while not that slim around the waist. and i'm not huge or anything- 6', 180lbs, 42" chest. ...
What do you think makes you "look like an idiot"? that's kind of vague. There's essentially no riding gear that offers real protection that you'll want to wear over a suit. My priorities in protection are helmet (always), gloves (always), boots and jacket (almost always), then pants. Putting aside the helmet, gloves are easy, and motorcycle oots make a huuuge difference (those little bones in your foot can get seriously f'd up), and those AS boots don't provide...
Quote: Originally Posted by Metlin All the Big4s will say it's business casual, but you would be hard-pressed to find a single interview candidate in business casual. Ditto for banking, law, or consulting. Just wear a conservative suit and tie -- if you feel overdressed, you can always take off the jacket and tie. I've rarely seen any senior accountant from the Big4 dress in anything other than a black suit. This. I've worked at E&Y, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by bleachboy PROTIP: If your belt buckle is pointing toward the ground, you need to pull your pants up, fatty. Use suspenders if you have to. For many people, the waistband slant isn't because of being fat per se, or having the pants in the wrong place - it's because their WAIST is at a slant due to weak glutes and tight hip flexors causing their ass to stick out behind them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bradford Do you get asked this question a lot? I seem to get it every few weeks. Even though our office has a dress code that requires shirt and tie for the men, people tend to comment on my attire more than others. i got it a lot when i first started dressing nicer at work, then it tapers down and stops. if you keep getting asked, may i suggest you are over dressing?