or Connect

Posts by mikecch

^ ^^ Cheers leather bros I've got a couple more group buy projects coming up before the end of 2012 too!!!
^ Very expensive for a simple bridle belt though...
The forum special belt was organised through me though, so when you missed out on that, it would have been a miscommunication or problem with e-mail/PM on my end, not Scott's.My go to guys for custom belts are Scott (unlucky) for US leathers and Terry Dear for good old British oak-bark & bridle.Can't say enough good things about Scott, I've had the most awesome, custom leathers done by him - from hand-stuffed American steer to deadstock brain-tanned horsehide.He also does...
Quote: Originally Posted by bl@ster These new 1000 Mile boots coming next month may satisfy the rule follower mouth breathers in this thread, if you'd wanted to dress boots up. Just saw the cap toe one in person - not too dressy either. Going English is probably a good idea if wearing a suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Astronaut888 Recently picked up some 505s in a forum trade. Really like them - the cut really works for me, and am surprised by how slim they are. Not really familiar at all w/ LVC stuff, but was curious to check on these. I don't know exactly what model they are....as far as LVC stuff goes, In the 505, I am only aware of the '67 - but all of the photos I have seen of them have exposed selvedge. The Jeans I have appear to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan It's a much rarer material, particularly if you want high quality pieces. I've heard it does last longer, but I think that may be incidental to the fact that they require less regular care. Also, shell doesn't scratch nearly as easily as calfskin. Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac Yes they last longer, in general. I have never seen cordovan crack or crumble, even 50 years old. And...
^ Best idea is to measure your true waist and grab the TFH measurements and expected shrinkage from the retailer.
Quote: Originally Posted by ToledoStyle Hello I'm kind of confused on a particular aspect about my Warehouse 660s. As recommended by BluenGreen I did a cold soak after a week then a warm soak a month later. My question is why my jeans now look like their hairy? .. the fabric strands are up and in the sunlight my jeans look quite hairy and I'm confused because I haven't seen this look in any pictures or anything and I'm pretty new to RAW. Does this wear...
Quote: Originally Posted by Epaulet The new Thorogoods should arrive around the middle of September. The specs will be the same as last year's for the Brown Horsehide, and we'll add in a Black Horsehide too. Thanks for the info! Looking forward to them.
Hi there, will you be taking pre-orders for the next batch of Thorogood horsehide boots? Any spec. changes from the current batch? Thanks!