or Connect

Posts by Mr. Sartorial

Quote: Originally Posted by YoungAmerican Your audio is over-modulated, which is why it sounds harsh when your voice gets louder. Lower your recording level. Cool, thanks for the tip. That's something I would have never noticed. I simply don't have that background. I'm currently using the same program for video and audio. I think I'm going to use two separate programs to allow me to better control things and then I'll merge them after.
Quote: Originally Posted by miyazaki I think the video was very good as an educational video, and I'd be interested in seeing more from you. Just some feedback from what I noticed. The most important thing is your intonation. Many people, myself included, have a tendency to raise their intonation at the end of sentences, which makes everything sound like a question, when making videos. Before you record it again, I'd recommend practicing consciously...
Hey guys, I've been trying my hand at style videos lately and this is my first attempt to create a longer educational video. It's a series I'm calling "The Blueprint". I just finished the rough cut of the first episode all about suits and I'm hoping that you can lend me your critical eye. I know there's some stuff I'm missing, and some stuff I'm going too in depth on. I want to make it for a guy who's just really starting to buy clothes for himself for out of University...
Quote: Originally Posted by happyxix My favorite shirt have 3% XLA... whatever that is (i think some sort of rubber..) But rest all cotton... even the non wrinkles XLA is DOW's proprietary elastic fibre. Essentially spandex. Used by Brooks for some of their shirts, and others to give stretch.
Obviously she's trying to attack your masculinity because you made her feel insecure. Depends on the existing relationship, but I'm a fan of the deadpan comedic response. Her to everyone: Hey this guy is gay You: Look can we wrap this up, I gotta get home so I can fuck like 20 dudes. We're having a gangbang and it's my turn to bring the dip. or anything remotely similar = stunned silence Nothing pisses someone off more than when what they're saying just doesn't matter...
All cotton or linen, some with a hint of spandex, which I think is a great idea for the slim fits esp. for arm movement.
Quote: Originally Posted by Notreknip We've done the restaurant thing a few times already in this thread. However, things have changed a bit and there is a place you NEED to go: Niche. (It's two blocks west of Corona Station.) Reservation is required. Go there; you'll love it. I'll leave it at that. Saw this in the paper the other day. Definitely need to get there. Sounds like Charcut, one of my favourite places in Calgary.
Quote: Originally Posted by linkinwayne Going out for dinner tomorrow night (well, technically tonight) with a friend that I'll probably never see again She's a really close friend too. Anyway, does anyone have suggestions for a place to go to? Preferably around the Whyte Ave area or easily accessible by LRT. Not really looking for a bar, more of a restaurant with awesome food. I consider myself a bit of a restaurant aficionado. Glad to...
I used to work for Armani, and yeah his specialty is in drape so the lines of the suit are supposed to flow. I'm guessing it's either going to be the Giorgio body or the soft body, either way you are looking at a soft shouldered garment with a relaxed cut. The problem with slimming down the pants too much (you can a bit) is that if will screw up the lines of the suit. It helps if you also slim down the jacket, but then you're going to find that the sleeves don't look quite...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gibonius I guess I get better service at stores, but that's usually on relevant when I'm going to buy more clothes, so... This sort of made me laugh. I've sold clothes for several years and had customers tell me they dressed up just to come shopping so they could impress me. Going on a bit more of a tangent, I've had my buddies tell me they dressed up a bit more when they saw my name on the guest list for a party...