or Connect

Posts by Mr. Sartorial

Quote: Originally Posted by k4lnamja The tie is actually dark grey. Should I do a poof or a TV or a regular square? If the tie is grey (looked brown to me) then definitely the floral one in a tasteful poof.
I sort of like the floral one. It intensifies the pattern in the tie in a tasteful way, but then I also like the maroon one with pink circles because I think that it references the colours of the tie in the best manner (although hard to tell merely from photos).
Great post. I think I'm going to keep a mention of the morning coat in my video series on suits just to do my part in keeping it in memory. 99% of men don't even know that the modern suit should be referred to as a lounge suit... In recent generations there has been terrible institutional memory of appropriate dress, perhaps because these things haven't been passed down from father to son as they should be.
Quote: Originally Posted by ajmanouk I watched everything that you've got right now and for one I definitely prefer an unscripted version to a scripted one. The "ums" and "ahs" don't bug me at all; I prefer an extemporaneous quality to a memorized script. But perhaps I am alone on this issue. I'm definitely going full script for the next filming but, don't worry, I'll script in some "ums" and "ahs" for ya. As long as my writing stands up, you...
Hey, anyone going to the fashion swap going on this weekend (www.overthetopswap.com) ? I'm thinking about going, but I just can't see there being much mens stuff there. I do have a ton of designer shirts and ties I'm looking to swap/sell though.
Quote: Originally Posted by kasakka Watching the first video now and I'm just going to go and say it: Turn this into an article (or series of articles), not a video. You're essentially reading a Powerpoint presentation on video - which is basically doing a bad presentation on video because you should not read what it says on your slides but they should just be pointers. There is nothing here that would benefit from the video format. The audio also seems...
Your best option is just letting them sit in cedar shoe trees every night as soon as you get home. That gets rid of most of the moisture. Letting a fan blow on them will do next to nothing and a blow dryer will wreck the leather just as fast as wearing them every day. That said, not sure why you would ever want to wear the same pair of shoes every day. Best of luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by miyazaki I wouldn't like to see you take stuff out because it might not be relevant for the average guy. You could save that stuff for the end of the video in a "special" section, and preface it with something like "Next I want to talk about some things that most guys don't consider, but I think are worth bearing in mind" or something. After all, it's an educational video, so it should contain information that will be new for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurt N I suggest you fully script out what you want to say, rehearse it, and then let your narration drive the show. Screen text should be limited to short bullet points, as visual reinforcement only. Thanks for the comment. We're thinking along the same lines as I'm currently writing a full script for my next go at it. The only text dominant page is the one with the history of suits, so you'll see that taper off...
Quote: Originally Posted by whereismyshoe don't use fucking comic sans Hahaha, yeah when I first picked the theme it started with Comic Sans and after a quick WTF I said, "Hey, why the hell not?". So now it's Comic Sans. I might change it, we'll see. Frankly I'm starting to grow kind of attached to it...