or Connect

Posts by Mr. Sartorial

Took it, but you're going to have some serious survey bias on the last question because most of us have probably never heard of that shopping centre.
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar We're talking about style icons not trend setters... I do think the golden years of sartorial elegance are behind us because of our modern lifestyles... I'd like to note that in 99% of cases style icons ARE trend setters. To become an icon, one must be widely recognized and idolized. This naturally lends itself to setting trends. The enduring icons have simply set trends that have lasted for many many...
+1 for Neil Patrick Harris. His character Barney Stinson on How I Met Your Mother has gone a long way in making the idea of wearing a suit cool again.
I appreciate your jumbo post cptjeff. Lots of solid advice in there.
I think that in this forum there is going to be a lot of generational bias. I picked my 10 because they each have contributed something to the style milieu. Quote: Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 Andre 3000 Nick Wooster Poirot I think I would be stretching if I said Michael Macko. I don't know why people say James Dean, etc. A T and jeans? *clapping I should have definitely included Andre 3000 as well. I also want to include Robert...
Quote: Originally Posted by intent They're too wide for your face, IMO. +1, they have that appearance because they're a little bit too shallow for your face, something closer to a Wayfarer shape would be more suitable for you in my opinion.
Quote: Originally Posted by jakejake Didn't notice Ryan Gosling's style before... after looking at some random pictures, yes, the guy dresses well. I was recently interviewed for this stylist thing I was doing and when they asked who I thought was the most stylish celebrity, I instantly said Ryan Gosling, every time. I think that Lebron James is very consistently well turned-out, probably better than almost everyone, but it's obviously the...
George Clooney Kanye West Paul Newman Lapo Elkann Lebron James David Beckham Mark Ronson Tom Ford James Dean and yeah, Ryan Gosling
Ryan Gosling
Quote: Originally Posted by DezertBootz Yes, please tell us how it fits as I'm interested in one as well. Also, what do you guys think about this Brooks Brothers jacket: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=§ionsize= The Regent fit by BB is definitely more on the relaxed side. Their Fitzgerald blazers are a little more tri, but still not enough for me. I don't think they make a blazer in their Milano cut which would be the only one...