or Connect

Posts by Mr. Sartorial

One of my favourite simple casual looks is just denim, v-neck and a leather jacket. Definitely more than just underwear. Ditto on avoiding deep Vs. Just don't do it.
Sounds pretty unusual. Who was it made by? Sounds a like a designer detail you'd see on something by Kris Van Assche or Helmut Lang.
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon Ryan Reynolds, makes me a little I want to address this Ryan Reynolds one. I think Ryan Reynolds is very stylish (image search, he's above average most of the time), but I don't think that makes a style icon by any means. Congrats to him for not looking like shit, but he shouldn't be on the list of "icons". For someone who I put in the same category as him, see Brad Pitt (except lately, not...
I think it's totally fine. People will give you a hard time at first, but I bet within a few months you'll start to notice a few of them wearing ties. Men who do not dress up often express their lack of understanding of style/fashion through sarcasm as your director did. This is very common as form of defending their ego. You can or should always respond something to the effect of: "I had to wear one at my last job and I just got used to it". Don't say something like...
Quote: Originally Posted by Spong I have to ask - why no square? Linen wrinkles no matter what it's in. I own several linen pocket squares and I wouldn't wear any of them (not even my white one with a TV fold) to an interview because they still suffer from the wrinkle affect, and white linen pocket squares have a habit of being not quite white, enough that it might look dirty to an observer. So at best I look like I've got a wrinkled and dirty...
Note: Colin Firth only wears Tom Ford. They're best buddies since filming A Single Man. Also note: Colin Firth has no idea how to dress himself. I love the guy, but he doesn't. Seen this on multiple occasions. Fabric is likely a very complex wool/silk satin weave although I suppose it could be a velvet weave. Dolce and Gabbana has done similar to this in previous seasons. Last Note: I think Kanye completely failed here. I have respect that he pushes things, but he has to...
I'm not sure how many people niche can fit per table. I'm sure they can figure it out. I'll try and sneak in there for lunch tomorrow maybe.
Quote: Originally Posted by legeartis It really depends on the job/industry. Could you provide a bit more info? See this is the one point that I disagree with on the face of it. Unless the business is a linen supplier, I don't think anyone can say that it depends on the industry. Here's the thing. Linen wrinkles. That's what it's good at. So you show up to just about any interview, and no one is going to say "Hey, sweet linen suit." All...
Great choice on both restaurants. Two of the best in town. I'm thinking maybe Niche for our meetup, date TBD soon, Thoughts?
Keep it simple at the interview. So, never. Not even if you're applying for McDonalds.