or Connect

Posts by Cant kill da Rooster

Based on your pic, it looks like you are looking for a diver, black dial, black rotating bezel, steel case, bracelet. If that's right, then I would probably recommmend a Longines Hydro Conquest. New they are too much but you can find them slightly used at your price point ranging in size from 39mm and...
Stowa, IWC and Laco (although IWC is definitely over 1k). Stowas are a bit small in comparison to the 55mm originals though so I don't get really hung up on whether they are an original maker or an homage.
I have a few Stowa straps. I would avoid the $20 euro ones. They seem alright at first but they don't age well. The other one I have is the black nappa leather. Very nice leather and holds up well. I imagine the croc is the same.
Personally, I would go with a light coloured shirt either blue or lavender. The Oxford shoes are black I hope.
The last AD I went to told me that previous models were pretty much obsolete next to the new ones. They are strictly trying to make a buck. That is bad advice though. Edit: Actually not an official AD so that might be the difference.
Picking ones not mentioned (because a lot of good ones are). Make sure not to count VAT: I kind of dig the new Tutimas even though they are getting mixed reviews. I believe their new pilot can be had for less than 1k. http://tutima.com/wp-tutima/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sshow_Tutima_6101_02_Image.jpg Stowa does have great pilots but what about Laco? They also have some history and they have nice 45mm brushed steel...
Add a +1 for cotton (good advice cbuff). It's breathable and casual. Linen is ok, but I would prefer a blend.
I hate everything you've picked. Do you have other options? Is a black suit all you own?
I like MZ's list best but Hammer, I think for number 6 you meant Chronograph.
Hadn't read this in years and came across it today. Still funny and mostly true. http://velociphilewatch.blogspot.ca/2005/10/guide-to-buying-watch-part-2.html