or Connect

Posts by Cant kill da Rooster

Yeah I didn't want to blow a wad on an OEM strap so I ordered this. http://www.strappedfortime.com/shop/item.aspx/breitling-vintage-calf-watch-band-strap/322/
I've been eyeing this one for awhile while looking for a something versatile. It beat out the exII I had in mind but I might still grab an ex1 to compliment it. I really needed something with a date function. I do think I prefer it on a strap though. Also, I need to take better pictures.
http://www.ablogtowatch.com/tag-heuer-formula-1-gmt-watch/Interesting take...
Everyone has a different philosophy on this. Mine is if it aint broke....meaning if it's keeping good time and all functions are working then don't bother. This doesn't apply to dive watches though. If you are in the habit of taking your watches in the water, I would make sure they are under warranty.
This came in the email today from Watchbuys. For those with Sinn watches you might find this interesting if you haven't already seen it. Although, I don't know the benefit over using someone local. RGM is Now Training on the Inert Gas Filling Machine - Equipment is in Place We are very fortunate to partner with one of the very best in the business - Roland Murphy and his team at RGM. Roland has provided service for the watches we sell for many years, and in just a few...
I paid about 10% in tax and duties on my Stowa.If I recall Stowa offers a risk free transport option that covers all tax and duties but it would have cost more.
I also like the new dial on the Nomos and also the subdial seems to stand out a bit more. However, if were to choose it would probably be the white one. I just noticed they don't have a date function. Isn't it a bit strange for a GMT or world timer to exclude the date?
Interesting discussion. That's why I read TWAT. Well that and the watch photos.
I had the 41mm. I liked the small seconds and it was either that or the 36mm which I thought might be too small. Also, the caseback wasn't as nice. Nomos is an option as well.
I love that the discussion has come up on the German watch bands for beaters. I just sold the Antea with that Unitas movement, and although the movement is really cool, the watch was just too large for a dress watch. Now the pilot watch in that size, makes a lot of sense and you may have renewed my interest a little bit. That pic you posted of the Archimede in the bronze is nice. I would love to see one in person. Sinn as always has been on my list but I've never been...