or Connect

Posts by nightic

More price drops.
I own both and feel that the Jinks are the better warm weather shoe, more so for vacation use; sleeker in both profile and weight.They're nicer on than photos suggest too and have a 'Dandier' look when worn sock-less, especially with linen pants or smarter shorts.Without pant length to take focus away from some of their bulk (wrt toe width and sole thickness), the Desert shoes (London/Khan) as well as the boots can come off as rather clumpy.I still generally prefer a nice...
Appear to be Oliver Peoples (via Luxottica) NDG-1 in Storm (OV5031 - 4261).Something like those would suit your face shape and eyebrow profile although the width of your face and the distance between your eyes would also play a part.I would add that other (independent) companies do this style just as well, at a similar price-point and with higher quality.
Manufactured under license by Safilo.I've no experience of them first-hand though so can't comment with any qualification but I would go out on a limb and say, as with almost all 'high-end Designer' brand frames/sunglasses manufactured by one of the major optical companies, the retail price will not be commensurate with their quality.
Prices revised + thread bumped.
All prices revised + thread bumped.
All prices revised + thread bumped.
Some prices revised + thread bumped.
For about Tom Ford money, I'd instead buy a pair of SALT Optics 'Harlan' (also available as optical frames).These are in hand-made Acetate & Titanium, have Polarised lenses and they're are a slightly squared off shape, which I prefer (akin to Ray Ban model RB4190).http://www.saltoptics.com/detail.php?categoryid=2&id=218&pageindex=15&orderby=1Or, if you prefer the classic look, go for the originals (although I have no personal experience with Shuron so can't attest to their...
I hate to break it to you but modern Ray Ban (Luxottica) quality is bad enough, especially for the price but I'm afraid Tom Ford (manufactured under license by Marcolin) provides even worse value, considering their outrageous and completed unjustified retail cost.Also, don't buy the "Made in Italy" labeling on either - it's widely thought that only the parts assembly takes place there.There are much higher quality products available from independent brands out there for...